LegacyGT.com

RCE Tarmac 1

Th3Franz

I did a search but didn't find a good thread. If you are running RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers, will you please share what settings you prefer for street use or track use? I will be installing a set of these soon and was looking for a good starting point for the damper settings and 1" drop front and rear.

Franz, was hoping to see you this weekend at Blackhawk for the HPDE.

Anyways, been running the Tarmac 1 for the last 4 years. For track, I haven't felt a need to deviate from their recommended 8F/10R dry track settings, on the 7/7 springs.

Are you going with the 7/7 springs, or something else?

Yeah car is not quite ready yet sadly. Getting closer though.

Ok I'll give those settings a try. Right now I am running stiffer rear springs than the front (STI pinks) and love the car's balance so will see how the KW's do with the dampers set slightly stiffer in the rear. I will be running the 7/7 springs but may go with a slightly stiffer rear spring if playing with the damper settings doesn't get me there. It may be unnecessary though with the new differentials on the car.

Thanks!

On the 500lb springs I usually run 9f/8r clicks out on the street, and closer to 7f/6r on the track, maybe even a little more rebound if it's a really smooth track. The 400lb will be different obviously but that gives you an idea. They're fun coils, you'll like them Franz.

I'll probably send mine in for a rebuild after this track season. Most likely, I'll change spring rates at that time, and add camber plates.

I would recommend you go a little stiffer in the rear for balance, depending on what sways you are running. But true, you can dial in some balance with the rebound adjustment.

I just got mine installed by a friend but he said he couldn't adjust the height without a coilover wrench after its mounted... is this true? From what I read from the guys on the forum, you should be able to do it with an allen key and just hand rotate it. Any input before I go and order a wrench? :(

• Moderators
I just got mine installed by a friend but he said he couldn't adjust the height without a coilover wrench after its mounted... is this true? From what I read from the guys on the forum, you should be able to do it with an allen key and just hand rotate it. Any input before I go and order a wrench? :(

You can adjust the RCEs by hand *VERY* easily. Just jack the car up and rotate the spring seat / locking rings / whatever you call them by hand. Super easy.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

You can adjust the RCEs by hand *VERY* easily. Just jack the car up and rotate the spring seat / locking rings / whatever you call them by hand. Super easy.

Thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow :) side note. RCE T1s feel absolutely wonderful on the recommended daily settings. Had them sitting in the garage since last winter and really regret not installing them on earlier...

Has anybody had theirs rebuilt? How long did it take to get them back, and what was the ballpark $$$?
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• Moderators
Has anybody had theirs rebuilt? How long did it take to get them back, and what was the ballpark $$$?

I think someone said it before, but shoot a PM to Drew888 and ask him, post up what he tells you. He had my T1s rebuilt right before I bought them from him, so he should be able to tell you exactly how long it took and what the cost was.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

On the 500lb springs I usually run 9f/8r clicks out on the street, and closer to 7f/6r on the track, maybe even a little more rebound if it's a really smooth track. The 400lb will be different obviously but that gives you an idea. They're fun coils, you'll like them Franz.

Do you have a part number for the 500 lb springs you are running? I am really thinking about going with 500 lb for the rear springs.

I installed the coilovers but realized I am missing a spacer that goes between the upper perch and the top hat. Is this a Subaru part that the seller forgot to send me or is it a KW part? If it's a Subaru part, can anyone help track down the part number? I do have a 2nd set of Spec B top hats that are currently holding my bilsteins.

kwtophat.jpg.1f71952004b730dafaca870749d295a6.jpg

my 9k springs were supposedly swift springs i think when i bought them from Myles.

I love it more than the 7k's. 9k feels more sporty, 7k felt very oem.

I wish i could find my damping adjustment tool to play more with settings, dunno where that thing is. I just track as they came from the factory. Feels soft with oem swaybars, maybe i'll give in and get stiffer bars.

I sent mine to KW in Cali. I paid $125 each per corner. It took roughly 20 days door to door. I ordered extras (spring perches, bump stops and lock nuts) also which they forgot to send the perches. One of the shock's also came with damaged threads on the rod.

Overall, I had a pretty bad experience with them. It all started when my left rear shock body snapped where it bolts to the trailing arm. They wouldn't honor warrantying both sides for the rear axle. It took a few days before they finally did. Then all the shipping nightmare happened.

Do you have a part number for the 500 lb springs you are running? I am really thinking about going with 500 lb for the rear springs.

Th3Franz,

Call up Myles. They're made by Hyperco. I have the 500lb springs as well, all four corners. They handle great. If you want the settings and/or part numbers I'll grab them for you.

I sent mine to KW in Cali. I paid $125 each per corner. It took roughly 20 days door to door. I ordered extras (spring perches, bump stops and lock nuts) also which they forgot to send the perches. One of the shock's also came with damaged threads on the rod.

Overall, I had a pretty bad experience with them. It all started when my left rear shock body snapped where it bolts to the trailing arm. They wouldn't honor warrantying both sides for the rear axle. It took a few days before they finally did. Then all the shipping nightmare happened.

I had a different experience, and it was free.

I think I've put about 90k mi on them at this point. Track days, auto-x, and ice racing. It got a bit bumpy after 70-80k, I think.

I have whatever was stock in like 2008. I think anything firmer could cause issues on bumpier tracks or roads. 10 click from stiff front, 12 on the rear. I run it always. I used to play with it, but not now. Get a good corner balance.

Archived