LegacyGT.com

Realtime vs Reflash maps

westy66

currently E-tuning with the AP... is it ok to leave my Cobb OTS map in the Reflash 'slot' and the current revision map in the Realtime 'slot' while tuning?

sorry if this has been covered. i tried to search. thanks!!

:bbq:

currently E-tuning with the AP... is it ok to leave my Cobb OTS map in the Reflash 'slot' and the current revision map in the Realtime 'slot' while tuning?

sorry if this has been covered. i tried to search. thanks!!

:bbq:

It's OK, but you won't benefit from any change to your Base Map's , or Reflash map's, load scaling, for example. Those tables in red, and the couple that are red and black, can be manipulated during Realtime tuning. Files in black, or the portion of the dual-color table that is black, can only be changed during a Reflash.

By starting off with the most current, and setup specific, map you can make all your changes at once and save it with a new name for your base map and reflash it. Thereafter your Realtime tuning will be working with a fully functional map.

IMO, if you intend to "tune" your car you should collect all your homework first and create a new and specific-to-your-car base map first.

Some parameters are realtime and some are reflash only. Flash the new maps for your E-tune as basemaps to ensure that you are getting the complete tune. Some things can only be reflashed you may be missing some things as a realtime tune. Especially if we are doing big injectors etc. Good luck!

Travis

COBB Tuning

Archived