LegacyGT.com

Should I trade my 06 STI for a Legacy?

We have plenty of thoughts on the matter. Most will tell you to trade up to the more refined, luxurious and quieter LGT.

We've been having these thoughts on this forum for 5 years now. Many have made the switch from STi and love their decision.

I often use the motto: Boys drive the STi. Men drive the LGT.

I think you can gather all you need from that.

Your wife will thank you too!

the STi is NOT designed to be refined and luxurious, smooth riding like the LGT.

it was designed to be a rally car.

it will be more harsh on the ride, lack the power options

what do you expect?

didn't your wife ride in your car before you got married?

you can trade in your STi or keep it as a summer car for yourself - if you can afford to keep more than one car

Don't give into your wife. Stand firm on what you want right now, otherwise you will be setting a bad precedent.

urfsin makes a good point here. My wife has hated every car I've owned -- she doesn't like low-slung cars with stiff suspensions. Wait...I take that back...she liked the LeSabre. Don't get me wrong -- it was a nice car, it had leather seats and a Bose stereo, but it was NEVER fun to drive. If she doesn't like your car, then she can drive when you go somewhere together.

My wife drives us around a lot....:rolleyes:

I'm lucky my wife had a boyfriend before me that had a z04 Vette. He was a drag racer and used all her $ for mods. She is pretty understanding of my love for modding and racing (But not on the street).

My Leggy wagon held 7 surfboards once. Moving up in size from my WRX was one of the main influences in me getting a Leggy. Never looked back.

I may be out of line, but ..... you work hard for your money, why would you let your wife dictate how to spend it, I say get what you want as long as it meets what you're trying to achieve with it (grocery getter, fun DD, etc) and is within your means.

I'm 22 and the legacy GT is my 7th car. The ONLY car I ever regretted selling was my 2004 STi. I still wish I had that car. The LGT is nice, but theirs no cooler feeling then sitting in an STi and playing with all the little toys and going wot onto a freeway with NO bodyroll.

Good luck in your choice :) coughKEEPTHESTicough

• 2 weeks later...

[i dont think you'd get a surfboard into the car...but i could be wrong..

then you need a 07 plus. because 05-06 doesnt have fold down rear seats - not sure about 2010 ]

*Folds down both back seats in 05 LGT* I hope I didn't just break those, it sure looks like they are supposed to go down!?

Archived