LegacyGT.com

just bought a 2006 2.5i Limited

Hey guys, I'm a new Subaru-er and I have a couple of questions.

Picked up this 06 2.5i Limited 4a, I don't know what the difference is between this and the other Legacy versions (besides the turbo and leather) the car drives very well, options however very basic. Whats the main differences between this and the 2.5GT (besides the turbo)? what makes this a "limited" edition besides the spoiler, it doesn't have leather seats.

Got it for 11k with 55k miles on it, any recommended mods? Just ordered a real nice new alpine system and LED's to convert the interior lights to LED

It has been such a pain for me to find out details about this exact car, there are so many guides for the GT version but not the limited 4a. Sorry guys I'm like a woman when it comes down to cars :(

Thanks!!

http://s24.postimage.org/wlvmezf91/76_A90622_5_B1_B_4_A17_999_B_EC5952_AD66_B5_8.jpg[/url]

http://s12.postimage.org/ewb9hx07h/76_A90622_5_B1_B_4_A17_999_B_EC5952_AD66_B5_10.jpg[/url]

http://s8.postimage.org/v05edfk11/76_A90622_5_B1_B_4_A17_999_B_EC5952_AD66_B5_14.jpg[/url]

The entire drive-train is is different. It's not apples to apples, so please don't plan on trying to upgrade to go fast parts becuase you wallet will dry up faster then a 2.5i will ever be.

Just enjoy her reliability, cause most of us don't have that :lol:

I bought it mainly for reliability and fuel economy. I used to drive an 04 grand cherokee special edition then an 02 toyotal solara so I'm used to spending plenty on gas. I don't really care much about performance, but if there are little things here and there that will make my ride more comfortable shoot any suggestions! But any reason why this is considered a 'limited' edition? Whats the difference between this and a non-limited edition 2.5i 4a?

Thanks!!

Has far as being Limited vs Nonlimited, I think yours might be a nonlimited due to the fact it has cloth seats, manual temp controls, and I don't see mention of a sunroof. The spoiler as far as I know was just an option, didn't go along with the limited model.

This is just kind of stuff I've picked up looking at these cars and buying the 3 that I have. For the record, I have a 06 2.5i Limited, a 09 2.5i Limited and a 05 GT Limited. All have leather sunroofs and auto temp controls, and 1 has a spoiler, so that's where I'm basing my info off of. :)

Also I forgot to mention, all of mine have the all-weather packages, with the wiper defroster, so that might be something else to look for.

it's weird to me too, there really is nothing limited about this car except the spoiler, thats why I was curious to see if maybe it has some sort of suspension/brake upgrade at least. Yes it does have a moonroof, but nothing else . The VIN lookup reports that it is a limited edition, the car dealer is an older "old school" guy. He's pretty straight forward, no BS, no false promises, that kind of guy (not some sleezy salesman) but he didn't know anything about the car. btw thanks for the FAQ link.

I'm installing my head unit, speakers and HID's this friday, I might write up a few picture tutorials for a gesture,

btw, would there be any benefit to research flashing/tuning the ECU? Maybe there is some sort of template like for the LS1 engines? ty!

Hmm, a moonroof, cloth seats, and manual climate control? :confused: Something is wrong here. This is like a cross between limited and non-limited. One other thing that wasn't mentioned, 2.5i limiteds have fog lights, non-limiteds do not. Does your's have fog lights?

Archived