LegacyGT.com

Squeeling from the front

My 05 LGT is squeeling from the front drivers side wheel. It is not very loud and I thought it was only at low speeds until I drove next to a concrete barrier at 40MPH with the windows down. I now know it is at any speed. It sounds like the noise you hear when brake pads are worn (the squeeler), so I removed the front wheel only to find a generous amount of pad left. I did notice that the rotor had some rust on the edges, but at 70k in Ohio I didn't think that was odd.

Any suggestions? Wheel bearing maybe? I made an appontment to get it looked at, but I want to avoid paying a huge amount of money to the dealer if I can fix it on the cheap.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me a month ago. It's most likely your wheel bearing, the dealer didn’t charge me because they said my car was still under the 100k warranty. Good luck!

It could be a stone caught behind the backing plate on the rotor or a wheel bearing.

The wheel bearings are covered for 8 years or 100,000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Quick question that may be somewhere on this forum already... isn't the 100k warranty on the rears only? I pulled the TSB from the NHTSA site and the TSB was component was suspension:front: wheel bearing, but the letter from Subaru specified the rear bearings. Any thoughts?

The TSB number is 10026727

Archived