LegacyGT.com

No longer a legacy driver...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice ride mang. LMK if you need any help with it. Have a boost leak tester, just need to find it an unpack it after this move.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Thank you. The car was a rocket on the way home. Now the next day I'm having issues. So Yea I do need help already haha.

I'm having major problems upon spool up. Like once its get spooled up it cuts in and out of power. And my afr gauge rockets to 20. Off boost driving is fine and some boost is still fine. But under wot the intake sounds as if its closing in on itself.

Sent from my S3

Some paper work that came with it said it dynoed 317 when it was first built. Its boosting to about 1.2 bar and tapers to 1 ish by redline. No power mods beside a cone filter on the intake.

I found it on nasioc in the classifieds and picked it up in north carolina. It was built in az in 2004 and sold to a nc guy then me 3 days ago

Sent from my S3

Boost leak sounds like. However if you're reading 1.2bar, it's likely not leaking too much, post turbo. MAF correct? Possibly pre-turbo with 20:1 AFR - squealing could be the TIH.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Car is making zero boost now. As soon as I get on it the power cuts out and pretty much stays out now. I don't see how I can have a boost leak when its makeing zero boost nor have a leak in the one 90 degree coupler.

What's weird is the safc has the air correction around 25 percent on the entire rpm scale. 35 at idle. I should probably get bigger injectors. But one would think a stock car would have the corrections all at 0 percent?

Going nuts! Had all this power the day I bought it and now its nothin

Sent from my S3

Well.. 7k in 5th is quite a load on the motor.. Also, I suggest not driving the motor very hard until you have fixed the problem. Driving that hard can generally make most problems worse. Especially when you're under boost like that.

Let's walk through it.

You have a top mount...

You're boost gauge reads low when the issues occurs..

So, logically your issue is between where the turbo and intercooler piping meet and where the intake manifold meets the heads... Or a wastegate issue...

Now, it happens intermittently....

That means that it's not at any hardware connection points... Nor any holes...

Is there an after market blow off valve or does it use the OE setup? Have you made sure it works properly?

Clean your MAF. I was having boost issues a while back. I made a boost leak tester and fixed quite a few leaks but the problem was still there. It helped but in the end the MAF was bad and the unmetered air was the issue.

Archived