LegacyGT.com

2006 #287 had an accident

gt_specb

My 2006 Spec B was broadsided by a lady who missed a red light. The car won't start now. I was happy not to get hurt. Looks like the Toyota who hit me is totaled. I hope the that the insurance company get my car fixed. I will try to upload some pictures later today.

Sorry to read that and I'm glad you're okay. You can not just "hope" about the insurance company. They REALLY DON'T give a s**t about you and me and I doubt your car will ever be the same. You've got to be persistent with the adjuster and get every penny you can, fend for your own benefit......Peace

On the positive side, it looks like it's mostly just panels and cosmetic. On the front (and reason it might not start) is that it could have hit the airbox and caused the MAF sensor to be out of whack. (complete guess)

Hope you get it fixed and glad to hear your not hurt. Keep us up to date.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

just got a update Phase1 test the car started after the timing replacement.

But the front Axel, reservoirs , sway bars, suspension and other parts are gone. They will see if the rear axle is damaged too.

As they cannot still drive the car they have no idea of other damages. Now it goes to the body shop to see for other damages to the frame and body.

Will continue updating..

any one have any experience in "Diminished Value" claims to the insurance company?

I don't think you get that in CA.

This is why I have a stated/agreed value policy with a new OEM parts agreement.

Yeah, it costs more (but not much), but if the car gets hit, it is great.

The new OEM part rule ensures that your car will be totaled with more than a small amount of damage unless the car is pretty new.

The stated/agreed value means no haggling over prices. My agreed value will easily get me a good condition LGT manual wagon and the aftermarket parts on it without issue.

I had one car totaled under it, and it made everything so much smoother. No haggling over value either with my insurance or theirs, and I got a check (well a wire transfer) fast.

2011 sti or my specB so i can get an sti. i thought the engine was fine its should work call cobb and ask

got ii, I test drive the 11 STI and was blown away, it is superb machine. It is a very difficult choice i have to make between 2011 GT and 2011 STI.

Archived