LegacyGT.com

Where can I get my UP and DP install in BayArea?

wingedmoon

i did it myself if you were to do it yourself make sure you have jacks, some sort of penetrating oil, and an o2 sensor socket. and a 2.2k ohm resistor to prevent getting the cel, other than that, its pretty straight forward but time consuming... oh yea a creeper would help too cuz my back hurt like a bitch cuz i was laying on the ground.

Seriously, I wouldn't mess with this if you aren't confident in your mechnical skills. Took me about 7 hours to do the downpipe and uppipe install yesterday, going VERY slow to make sure I didn't screw anything up (first time with such mods). True, nothing is overly hard, but it is a lot of parts to take off and put back on, most of which are fairly critical to the engine. What you really have to ask yourself, is it something you would "enjoy" doing? I had fun because I like this sort of stuff (well, that and I can't afford to have someone install it). It might be a PITA nightmare headache to someone else. It is nice to know that every nut and stud has anti-sieze, along with lock washers in appropreite places. New copper gaskets too. But, if I could find a trusted install person who would do it proper for the $200-300 range, my sore back might think hard about it.....

• 3 weeks later...

Yep! It is NICE! Right after I left the shop and hop on to 880... Wow... I was throw to my seat! Some how I drive slower then before because I pay more attention on my speed now...hehe... 60-80 in no time and getting over 100 is so easy if I don't look at the speed.

But now I am concern about my tmic... saw a few posts about how they get blew up with stage 2... I am so temp to buy the MTS FMIC... :D

In the same boat about the stock TMIC. Waiting for the AVO, as much as I like the MTS FMIC, I think it may be more then I want to do. (read: FMIC leads to new turbo, leads to new fuel pump, leads to new fuel injectors, leads to new clutch, leads to............)

Yeah, the slippery slope of mods means I'll probably be thinking about a turbo upgrade at some point. I kinda wish Deadbolt made the LGT fitment of the TD05-18G, instead of just the TD06, though I guess you can order the stoker with the 18G wheel in it. Turbo upgrade at this point is at least a year away. So, may be a few more options by that point. Current list of things to do: Complete the turbo-back exhaust (mid-pipe is ordered, not sure about what CB to get), TMIC, protune, wheels/tires, clutch will be REALLY done by that point. It will be no small chunk of change to do!

• 2 weeks later...

Helllo guys,

This is Cal at MPJ.. Just wanted to let you all know that we have moved to a new location now to better serve you Bay Area Subaru Legacy enthusiasts! We are now under one roof w/ Speed Element Performance, and now are offering installation, tuning and retail services!! Please come check us out!!!

Our new address is

44875 Industrial Drive #B

Fremont, CA 94538

510-226-8822

510-226-8833

Thank you,

Calvin

MPJ/Speed Element

• 3 weeks later...
the guys at mpjperformance.com too i know they are partner with a shop i forgot the name

Went to MPJ Performance on the weekend for oil change + tire rotation.. $20 labor for both, $7.99 for Subaru OEM filter, I brought my own oil (0W30 German Castrol). ~$50 for everything - Subaru dealer wants $49.99 to ROTATE TIRES!!!

Very happy with MPJ - watched the guy do the work, and he's knowledgeable and easygoing. AND, they have Saturday appointments (they open at 10:00 am during the week, not good for going before work)! And, they install all kinds of aftermarket goodies..

First time I got to look under my Subie..

All around recommended.

Went to MPJ Performance on the weekend for oil change + tire rotation.. $20 labor for both, $7.99 for Subaru OEM filter, I brought my own oil (0W30 German Castrol). ~$50 for everything - Subaru dealer wants $49.99 to ROTATE TIRES!!!

Very happy with MPJ - watched the guy do the work, and he's knowledgeable and easygoing. AND, they have Saturday appointments (they open at 10:00 am during the week, not good for going before work)! And, they install all kinds of aftermarket goodies..

First time I got to look under my Subie..

All around recommended.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I am glad we can help you out and at the same time make new friends!

Our goals are to offer friendly services and competitive parts pricing at the same time to reach out to our Subaru Community. If you guys need parts, services, custom installation, or have car related questions, please do not hestiate to give us a call, shoot us pm or stop by to visit us.

Thank you,

MPJ/Speed Element

Archived