LegacyGT.com

Taupe Leather interior & All Weather Mats

Puckman

For those of you with the Taupe Leather interior, how does the black all weather Subaru mats look in the car? Seeing as thats the only color subaru sells them in (bummer) i was wondering if they throw off the interior look or not.

Not too bad really. I was skeptical at first, but once I got them in I was quite pleased. I have an OB XT w/ the taupe interior and the combination of black on taupe gives it a rugged/refined look. Either way, it's better than the stock ones.

I can say the taupe is harder to keep clean than I thought it would be.

Before you buy the Subaru ones, check out these:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=52&make_id=49&year_no=2006&veh_id=726&veh_opt_choice_id=0

For the money, they are pretty nice and they cover your entire floor area rather than just the flat part. I didn't pay for my Suby ones otherwise I'd have these.

I wish I have a better picture of my MOMO T100/200 setup.... :(

I went for the black-on-taupe look to extend what was visible of the combo from the dash and MT shifter leather boot:

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2033

Note that I've also replaced the e-brake boot to-match.

It's a personal preference kinda thing. :)

Go to your local AutoZonePepBoysAdvancedAuto. ;) Grab a generic black set, and "install" it to your LGT. You can then just return it. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My car is a little dirty inside, and the pics are not the best, but it works well for me.

http://deexboy.com/albums/album41/IMG_7151.jpg

http://deexboy.com/albums/album41/IMG_7152.jpg

---

Does anyone have a pic of the Weathertech mats? I know they are a little on the pricey side but I would rather spend the money to get more coverage than the OEM ones but if their tan doesn't match very well I would probably just get black or go OEM. On the website for some reason they shows black ones in a taupe interior and tan ones in a black interior, go figure.

I just got the OEM Subie all weather mats in my wagon lastweek. They look good, I was wondering the same as you since we have the tan carpet, but it looks fine to me. I saw one online with the black mats in it and it looked fine, so that's why i just went with them. Sorry I don't have pix.

I think it looks just fine, it actually breaks up the interior a little bit so you don't have taupe everywhere. I just leave them in all the time, you can throw some armor all on them and they look real nice (just a little slick at first)

• 2 weeks later...
OK....I was really looking into the Weathertech floor liners since they had tan for front and rear but I noticed that the pictures shown on their website varied a little in color as you can see in the pictures. One is of the actual liner and it seemed a little red and the other looked perfect but I figured there was a little white balance issue so I asked for a sample. When I got it I was shocked! They call it tan but to me it is brown. So now I don't know what to do since I just can't picture the brown mats are going to match very well at all. Does anyone have these to comment on color match?

1179333673_52_137_41.jpg.2cf711480bdae86983e861e45922da92.jpg

36303740_750029261.jpg.f5f5120dfbee7afa10caabc6dc07b0dc.jpg

Img_0450_small.thumb.jpg.2446f5b6df9a1022b6325f08d425211d.jpg

I am really torn here, as you said the one on the left would be perfect. I could probably even deal with the middle one but the brown is out. But I really want a liner not just a mat and I think black liners would be too much black especially in the back where it covers the hump too. The gray just looks out of place to me. I think they must have changed the color recently because I just can't see how the color in the picture could be that far off. I did try contacting Husky liners to see if I can get a sample of their tan and maybe I'll end up with those.

591555093_750031431.jpg.ff101c3a71a1bf16c536fe05c3ca2d5c.jpg

482167805_750031461.jpg.dfd47ba3cba6aa9e1b1a445782860a79.jpg

I have the OEM all weather mats which I think look good, but do a poor job retaining slush. Does anyone use the OEM mats on top of a liner like the Husky or Weathertech? Are there any pictures of these liners in a Legacy/Outback? That back seat photo is nice, but I am just looking for something in the front.

I am really torn here, as you said the one on the left would be perfect. I could probably even deal with the middle one but the brown is out. But I really want a liner not just a mat and I think black liners would be too much black especially in the back where it covers the hump too. The gray just looks out of place to me. I think they must have changed the color recently because I just can't see how the color in the picture could be that far off. I did try contacting Husky liners to see if I can get a sample of their tan and maybe I'll end up with those.

Keep us posted, fb. Rainy season is upon me and I'd like to keep the dirt contained as best I can.

Husky Mats are nice. Provides much better coverage that Weathertech - compared them side to side. I did not like the OEM mats.

The only downside of Husky mats is that the driver side one buldges a little bit under the pedals (not a perfect fit, despite it's supposed to be custom for Legacy), but it stopped bothered me. Possibly would fit better if trimmed, but I didn't want to loose any bit of coverage. VERY nice soft rubber. Never saw such a nice, sitcky (for shoes) mats.

Note - I am talking about Husky mats, not Husky liners. The liners are plasticky and slippery and I didn't like them in front - however the rear liner is great because it's one piece and goes over the hump. Great if you have kid sitting in the middle.

http://www.huskyliners.com/floormats.html

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda late to the thread, but I have the black mats and taupe interior and I like the way it looks - it adds to the two-tone effect of the interior (the car is OBP). My wagon came with the cargo liner in taupe, but I think I might swap it out for black too. :D

-Coelli

• 11 months later...
Husky Mats are nice. Provides much better coverage that Weathertech - compared them side to side. I did not like the OEM mats.

http://www.huskyliners.com/floormats.html

I just looked up this website, and it's not very good... There are no prices listed, there are no photos of what the applications for individual models look like (look up Subaru Outback, see a photo of floor mats in a Lexus and a floor liner in a Suburban!).

I tried clicking on several of the links to their dealers, but they don't work, either...

WTF? I'd really like to see the Husky liners, because they make a second-row liner for my Impreza (Weathertech doesn't).

Ben

Archived