LegacyGT.com

AVO offset LCA Bushings..............FAIL! (well sorta)

whitetiger

Just recently installed a set of spec.b Alu lower front control arms with all whiteline goodness from Fred beans. the setup that came out was GT steel LCAs with AVO offset poly bushings. And i was a bit surprised at how they looked. this is only after about a year of having them. the car is barely driven on the street, and is mostly for autox.

Both bushings looked horrible. im surprised they were holding in this condition. i was even able to race with them like this so they do hold up but if had known they were like this, i would have never have driven on them.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMAG0012.thumb.jpg.8b9227ab58310f6847884ccea459fbc7.jpg

IMAG0013.thumb.jpg.dd335c541d30cb3acc291649e8797ace.jpg

IMAG0014.thumb.jpg.7a3649b65dee56b63a2045dbf905b9c1.jpg

IMAG0015.thumb.jpg.3fe42971bab6cf2bae014f0468f72e9c.jpg

Makes the 2011 STi bushings seem better all the time!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I put the whiteline ones now and they are by far the best aftermarket ones ive seen so far that arent pillowballs. and the ability to adjust caster with them with having to repress them in is a added bonus.

I've had the AVO bushings for over a year and they are fine after 10,000 miles and 8 autocrosses.

^ Could you see the damage while they were on the car? I check mine every time I jack up the car and change wheels/tires.

• 3 years later...

I've got mine to become wider in the inside and I've contacted them but they just ignored me. I was happy until I got the feeling that there is a problem with my front suspension.

I've just got my Megan Racing bushes and I'll install the set this weekend I hope. I'm currently using OEM bushes which is only 3 month old and it fails with my driving style.

Archived