LegacyGT.com

Fog Light Install Question with pics

bochuck

The turd burglar who owned the car before me installed HID's in the Fogs. One stopped working, so I decided to go back to OEM. In the three pics below is what I have. Pic 1 is the 6 inch adapter that goes from the wire harness to the back of the cup seen in pics 2. Pic 3 is an H3 55W osram. I connected its gold connector into the wire protruding from the inner cup. I installed it like that on both sides and no joy. Am I missing a crucial piece?

DSC_0306.thumb.jpg.ddf2e45013c05b0d24320933ea5e418e.jpg

DSC_0307.thumb.jpg.dfe42a9b3ed5f401391c2f9ba76e4ef4.jpg

DSC_0308.thumb.jpg.c3e4d7edb6d363978615ef022310cec0.jpg

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

Did you connect the gold connector to the black connector? The gold connector goes into the silver connector that is visible in the 2nd picture. The black connector is a ground that connects to the housing somewhere I believe. I have a set of fog lights sitting at home waiting to be installed on my 2.5i so I'm going by memory of what it looked like when I changed the bulbs. Make sense? Some of my terminology may be off but you get the idea.

Makes perfect sense. I was wondering about ground. I didn't jack the car up to do this. Looks like I will have to to do it right. Thanks.

The black connector is a ground that connects to the housing somewhere I believe.

This was the culprit. I was hooking the bulb into the ground lead. Lesson learned. Fog light be like " I can light up boss" :lol: Thanks again.

DSC_00061.thumb.jpg.00e77a9e95419c93792b6f80c0553346.jpg

Archived