LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket oil psi gauge install tips anyone?

Anyone install an oil pressure gauge before? I want to but I have no idea where I would put the sensor. My goal is to keep the oem one in place and wired in. Is there any way I could put a T fitting in for both sensors in the stock location? I dont know where exactly the stock one is, but I assume its in a very tight spot near the oil pump.

A very ghetto option I have is to get an oil filter sandwich adapter and make a loop for the outlet and inlet. There I could T off and put the sensor in there. Problem with that is, well, its ghetto. It also wouldnt reflect the actual oil pressure and it would allow the unfiltered oil to bypass the filter. So this really isnt an option, but ive seen it as a legitimate option for turboed cars (turbo oil pressure only).

Ive searched the internet for the past hour and didnt find anything about the NA motors, probably because most people dont need them. I just want the gauge for peace of mind.

Thanks guys

Edit: is there any way to tap into the wiring for the existing oil psi sensor and use a different gauge? I wouldnt mind taking the bulb out of the oil dummy light if thats what i need to do.

there is no real point in keeping the OEM sensor.

It will only indicate when pressure is under 3psi. If you are driving with that light on the damage has been done. My instructors call it the "Rebuild engine light".

Basically there is a plug right under the alternator with the stock sensor, I would take it out and replace it with a digital oil pressure sensor / gauge.

If you want to keep the stock dummy light there is another gallery at the back of the engine near where the turbo would be. (passenger area of engine bay)

you could plug in there.. but I have heard that the front galley plug under the alternator will give you a better reading. You could move the stock sensor to that galley plug by extending the wiring, but like I said just delete it and be done with it. a quality gauge is going to give you much more information than

Engine has under 5 psi oil pressure. (light on)

I have a Innovate oil pressure / oil temperature gauge with two seperate sensors, one for each galley plug is my plan.. once I source new suspension and get her going again.

Archived