LegacyGT.com

Key fob door locks

Has anyone had an issue with the car not locking with the fob, but still unlocking with it? Just wondering if the lock buttons just wear out.

I've checked all fuses and simply don't want to buy another fob.

Has anyone had an issue with the car not locking with the fob, but still unlocking with it? Just wondering if the lock buttons just wear out.

Yea, I was having the same problem, unlocking but not locking...Took the fob apart, the 4 contact points on the bottom of the "lock" button have all broken off. Those solder points are WAYY too small to solder yourself, I believe a machine makes up/solders the chip and all the buttons connected to it. Unless you have an ultra small soldering iron, a magnifying glass and a crazy-steady hand, I wouldn't bother.

I broke down and bought the 3-in-1 key...:redface:

Zack K.

I'm gonna have it hooked up to an SSM this weekend, I'll report if there's a fix. Although our symptoms are the same, we might not have the same problem.

Yea, I was having the same problem, unlocking but not locking...Took the fob apart, the 4 contact points on the bottom of the "lock" button have all broken off. Those solder points are WAYY too small to solder yourself, I believe a machine makes up/solders the chip and all the buttons connected to it. Unless you have an ultra small soldering iron, a magnifying glass and a crazy-steady hand, I wouldn't bother.

I broke down and bought the 3-in-1 key...:redface:

Zack K.

It's like $70 on Amazon, I should probably order a new one, just 'cause, but, with all the other bullshit it's nickel-and-diming me with, the fob has dropped down on the list. .

Archived