LegacyGT.com

Some things...

I went for a ride on my bike (bicycle) today and stopped by the local Subaru dealer. (Shelor in Christiansburg, VA... aka the middle of nowhere).

When I go to purchase my next car, I am going to park a block away from every dealer and ride my bike there. I got zero attention from the salesmen on the lot even though I was browsing really close to the vehicles and even stopping to look at stickers.

They had a very dirty steel grey GT sedan in the "right off the truck" spot with an employee walking around it scratching his head. From the pics on here I immediately knew it was the spec B and mentioned it. The guy kind of looked puzzled and said something on the order of it being an '05 and he had never seen these rims before or the brick red interior. I didn't push the issue, as this dealer is a monopoly in the area and owns lots with every domestic make of car there is. The guy simply had never heard of it before.

I thought it was alright looking but nothing special. I really liked the rims and wouldn't mind putting them on my silver GT. I'm not really a fan of the brick red interior either. I thought it was rather odd that there was no special badge on it as well... just the 2.5 GT.

That is all.

EDIT: oh yeah... MSRP was ~36K here

Seriously?

They had no idea what it was???? How can Subaru sell cars that it's DEALERS don't even know about? How twilight-zone is this?

No Badges. Just pony up the $36k for Legacy GT 5MT with NAV. Curious that it looks ever so slightly different in the wheels and paint department... and what is this red stuff...

INSANE. SOA = Subaru Overdue for the Asylum is more like it.

Makes me want to find a Subaru management-type (if we could prove one actually exists... they might just be myths.) and smack them with a picture of the JDM STi-tuned Legacy in WRB, and say: "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE BUILDING INSTEAD OF PAWNING OFF A COLOR CHANGE AS A SPECIAL MODEL and charging *6 THOUSAND DOLLARS PREMIUM FOR IT!!!"

Better yet would be to bang their head against the hood of a JDM STI-tuned Legacy, but both of them are as common as a three-headed turtle in the US.

IwannaSportSedan: You have to know this dealer to understand. It is a strip basically in the middle of nowhere with just parking lot after lot of cars of every make. The guy I talked to probably just goes and finds a car at point A and brings it to point B. I'm sure the guys in the Subaru section knew what it was. (I'd hope)

• 1 year later...
"comin' at your ass with the ressurrection"... VTGT, I had a wheel squeal issue checked out there while I was at Tech. I thought it was a bad wheel bearing, but they lubed it up or did something and it finally stopped. No real issues with them. The guy I worked with was easy to talk to and seemed pretty honest. Course it was all warranty work.

Archived