LegacyGT.com

FMS FMIC for 08+ wrx/sti

Why waste your money on a knock-off?

If you want to save money, go with the RacerX.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I think the racer x is a pile of crap.

Only nice thing I have to say about it is that you can keep the stock air box.

I got the fast motorsports. Next to no fitments problems and the kit is holding up amazing at 434whp at 24psi.

But back to the original op question.

The 08wrx/sti kit will fit on the 05-07 lgt. I have it on my car

08-09 had a harder time fitting cuz the air pump on the right front of the motor.

I think the racer x is a pile of crap.

Only nice thing I have to say about it is that you can keep the stock air box.

I got the fast motorsports. Next to no fitments problems and the kit is holding up amazing at 434whp at 24psi.

But back to the original op question.

The 08wrx/sti kit will fit on the 05-07 lgt. I have it on my car

08-09 had a harder time fitting cuz the air pump on the right front of the motor.

Damn, i think u didn't like the way the piping went. I got a awesome deal for my RacerX, I wanted to keep THE BUMPER BEAM so if if someone hits me in the front I'm safe. If the intercooler gets damage, better call a buddy because your car isnt moving. Also insurance wont shoot me down. But hey as long as your happy. Your car looks good tho. ;)

i just think the racer x kit is ugly. i hate how the couplers show through the front bumper. its just tacky.

yeah its nice to keep the bumper beam, is only supposed to not create as much damage in crashes from 0-5mph.

in a true head on accident. front bumper beam really isnt going to do much more. you are in a head on collision the car is totalled reguardless.

im not saying its not a bad idea to keep it. it is better to keep but its really not gonna make that much difference in a head on collision.

just my .02 everyone has their own opinion tho.

i like the way the FMS kit looks too, more than any other FM on the market, but the mere fact that FMS as a whole is dog shit turned me away from the kit. do you have any of their other parts?

It doesn't look NEARLY as nice as the kit they knocked off. The FMS looks like dog shit in comparison.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

did they model theirs off of Perrin?

TurboXS, actually.

I'm going with the TXS one soon. I'm not really a fan of the Perrin.

Another thing to consider when buying knock offs, is the quality of the cooling cores. Just because it fits well and looks nice doesn't mean the cooling is up to par. This has occurred with some of the the IPR tmic's vs. the perrin tmic's.

It doesn't look NEARLY as nice as the kit they knocked off. The FMS looks like dog shit in comparison.

i have to agree. but for another 400$+ ill deal with the "fitment" issues that the fms fmic has.

and it shows it has to be a decent kit if im pushing well over 400whp and its holding up great..

Thanks for all the bullshit input expect for the two people that actually answered my question. I have this kit on my 08 LGT currently and I got a really good increase in power with it. It has held up very well in the new england weather and I have had zero issues with it. Im parting my car out currently and I just wanted to double check it would fit on previous years. And if you ask me I happen to think the RacerX kit is junk. I know of 2 people that have purchased that kit and have had to weld up the piping where they missed from the "factory". To each his own I suppose. But the RacerX kit is just a knock off of someone elses design.

Thank you to those who actually gave me positive input on my actual question.

But the RacerX kit is just a knock off of someone elses design.

What do you think that FMS kit is? It's a knock off of someone elses design.

Your saving money, took money away from a manufacturer that actually designs its own parts. Keep that shit up, and there won't be anything for the knock-off companies to knock-off.

i have to agree. but for another 400$+ ill deal with the "fitment" issues that the fms fmic has.

and it shows it has to be a decent kit if im pushing well over 400whp and its holding up great..

I paid only $250 more shipped for the TXS and I think it was well worth the extra cost. A proven name and quality product. I have a Racerx that I fitted and pulled right out. A bit of trimming of the bumper for the TXS, but everything else fit very easily.

Archived