LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-in Video Demo/Review

leftride

Just wanted to post a quick review, but mostly a video demo of the Leptronix Aux-in.

Little background, I listen to my iPod 99% of the time in the car. Only really switch to the radio for traffic news. I have been running a Harmon Drive+Play through the Jazzy Aux-in for over 2 years. Everything has been great; sound quality is good and even better when I added a GLI several months ago.

The one gotcha for me was the few second audio pause when the silent cd would repeat after 74 min. Not a big deal, but wasn't 'perfect'.

So when Sebastien (RedFloyd) came out with the mostly plug and play (with a little solder) aux-in I figured I'd jump on it. The shipping was fast, install was easy. Basically a Jazzy install with an extra few min to solder 1 wire. Shouldn't be an issue if you have soldered before.

As far as operation goes, everything works well and sound quality is good. I have left the GLI in there as I was getting a little less 'noise' with it in.

I highly recommend this if you can handle the solder. It's basically the Jazzy Aux-in 2, a little more complicated to install and more expensive, but worth it. I'd like to thank both Sebastien and Nathan (JazzyMT) for allowing me to listen to my music with this stupid Subaru radio.

Anyway, here's the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wbqw1mqOY]YouTube - Leptronix Aux-in[/ame]

Wow! Great review Leftride!!! :lol:

I don't really like the place where you put your remote switch tough... If you want, I can suggest you another switch that you could buy that may be easier to install for you. :)

Did you try the aux in while playing a cd? It should work exactly the same as when you are listening to the radio. But I suggest to use it while on the radio mode as you will not get any muting. :rolleyes:

Thank you alot Leftride for doing this great review (I should have done it by myself :redface: ...), I'm shure it will answer to alot of questions people are asking themselves.

Regards,

Sebastien

Yeah, dont worry about the switch, it's not staying there :lol: I'm just not sure where I want to put it yet.

I tried it with the CD, but it was just the silent CD (because that's all I have in my car) so there wasn't anything to mute and as expected the CD kept spinning, so radio (AM/FM) makes more sense I think.

Nice review. Just finished my install and everything works as advertised.

On auto mode, the automatic switching on is fast but the switching off takes a while (30+) seconds. But you can always just use the switch if I want it to go faster.

Install was easier than I expected. My soldering skills are rusty so I had a few, uh, redos. Planning to mount the switch in the ashtray. It's just laying in there for now until I get a chance to build a mounting plate.

I'm very satisfied w/ the product.

Thanks Sebastien

I agree with above reviews.

Installed mine in less than 2 hours, taking my time. Installing is not too complicated, as the instructions are very well done.

Works FLAWLESSLY, sound is perfect.

No silent cd, switches to aux-in the second you plug sound into it, whether or not you are on fm/am/cd.

Looks VERY well built also, and seems to be of very good quality. That plug is going to last for years.

Plus, it's locally developped ;)

Finally got a chance to mount the switch. I didn't feel like taking off the center console and drilling a hole so I fab'd up bracket and mounted it in the ash tray. No drilling of interior pieces and I can hide it by closing the door. :cool:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/dv2dt2/DSCF5696.jpg

Finally got a chance to mount the switch. I didn't feel like taking off the center console and drilling a hole so I fab'd up bracket and mounted it in the ash tray. No drilling of interior pieces and I can hide it by closing the door. :cool:

very cool, but my quarters are in there, what to do... :confused:

Archived