LegacyGT.com

Where should I start? 2007 2.5i SE...

Hi all,

I have a 2007 Legacy 2.5i SE I want to start doing stuff to it... I am definatley doing an STI lip and badgeless grill... I have an STI short shifter in it already and 4k on the car now and want to start somewhere... Have been an Audi guy forever and dont know where to start with my scooby... Exhaust?, intake, cams, Suspension?

thanks guys

IanFools

Welcome.

Suspension definately, stock is deadly, moreso on 2.5i (GT sucks, too). Get Bilstein or Tokico dampers or coilovers. JDM GT sway bar is good too.

Don't bother with springs on stock dampers, waste of time, it will suck anyway.

Don't bother with power. The only sensible mod is to buy a GT.

And btw, you should start here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

and here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/search.php?

Guest subiecity
u can do stuff but just understand this is one heavy car dont expect to be rippin apart all other subies with a 2.5i.....i have the lip the rims the grille the tints defintly change the sprigns i did mine i put HnR's n mine and already theres a hugeeee difference with handleing i picked up a lightweight crankshaftpulley... do a drop in knn filter cuz thers no real after market intakes just yet on the market....if u want full headers n exaust got to ralliteck email them n tell them they have header for the 06 idk bout the 07 but honestly your gonna end up spending a good few grand for intake exaust pulley and exterior stuff....but really your gaining barely any HP.. if u go headers n exaust youll gain maybe 10whp....with intake cuztom made...pff made a few more but ur gona have to worry about check engine lights so for the 20 hp you barely gain...its not worth the 3 grand

Guest subiecity
i love my car 2 dont get me wrong i did as much stff 2 and im gonna still keep going this is my hobby so it doesnt btoher me what i reccomend for better throttle response is the lightweight crank pulley off the gt wow the companies claim its like taking 100lbs off our cars the stock crank is over 6lbs....the after market ones is about 1lb huge differnce def feel it and only 100 bucks....i just wish there was a nice after market spoiler or extensions for the oem spoiler....im debating on the CF hood,,,,but idk not much of a gain either ..cams are too expensive 2 ...maybe gonna go for the intake manifold riser that delete the flaps...but basically gonna stick to intake ..intake manifold..headers, exaust( i need an exuast thats gonna scream i dont want quiet...any recomendations?) ,crankshaft pulleys maybe CF hood..n rear sway n front strut and then i think ill be happy with my car

Archived