LegacyGT.com

In need of fuel tank!

Owner said that there was a tiny hole on top of fuel tank, which is why i dont fill my gas up all the way.

A family member of mine gave me fuel tank sealant from napa, i dont know if i should it though.

I do want to buy a new fuel tank but i've been searching the web for it and i cant one.

I dont know if i am typing something wrong, any help?

98 subaru legacy gt 2.5

thanks every body :)

Depending where it's leaking but I would try sealing the hole, to drop the tank it's a big job, drop the exhaust the drive line and the rear sub frame I believe, I used seal all, it's a yellow tube, sealed the leak that's was on seam of the two halves

Depending where it's leaking but I would try sealing the hole, to drop the tank it's a big job, drop the exhaust the drive line and the rear sub frame I believe, I used seal all, it's a yellow tube, sealed the leak that's was on seam of the two halves

so sealing it would also be good, its at the top of the fuel tank

Yea I would give it a shot, make sure you clean it up very good before applying the glue, I did a few coats, and even to get to the spot that was leaking I cut away the floor between the two access doors under the seat and siliconed it back together after lol

• 2 weeks later...
Try car-part.com ... a quick search showed a fair number. Good luck!

Hello;

You are correct, get a replacement tank. A junk yard in your area should have one. Steven.

Yea I would give it a shot, make sure you clean it up very good before applying the glue, I did a few coats, and even to get to the spot that was leaking I cut away the floor between the two access doors under the seat and siliconed it back together after lol

Today I found out that my fuel pump and tank are completely screwed, so I need to buy a new one. My friend has an extra tank and pump from his 07 wrx, would that fit?

Archived