LegacyGT.com

STI engine bolt on application?

I need a new engine for my 05 EAT lgt and saw a minty STI motor with 34000 miles for just under 5K complete. I am wondering if this would mount right up with a cpu reflash, or could I use my existing turbo and TMIC?

The motor will bolt up just fine, but have two options from there.

Option A - Sti style turbo, sti red manifold, and sti style intercooler + ecu reflash

Option B - lgt turbo, lgt tmic, and lgt plastic manifold

Can't combine any opt A or B parts together.

5k for a 34k mile longblock isn't that hot of a deal... even if it comes with intake manifold. Like adam mentioned you'll just have to dump more money into turbo/intercooler if you go that route.

BNIB STI short blocks are $2k and you should be able to reuse all other components from your LGT.

lol

5k for a 34k mile longblock isn't that hot of a deal... even if it comes with intake manifold. Like adam mentioned you'll just have to dump more money into turbo/intercooler if you go that route.

BNIB STI short blocks are $2k and you should be able to reuse all other components from your LGT.

I actually have a BNR 16g turbo, Perrin TMIC, Cobb intake piping, and my lgt manifold that are all perfectly good. So, it would actually be less than 5k as I would then sell the STI turbo. That said, my car has 162000 miles, so I think I'll just buy an 07 lgt complete engine (minus turbo) with 78k miles for 2200. That seems to make more sense, and will free up enough money to buy some coilovers, as my suspension is really tired, too.

Wish I knew that...oh wait, I did. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What year STi motor? 06(?) and up has the dual AVCS heads where we only have single AVCS on the leggys for the intake cam. I'm not sure if that's an issue or not though but i think it's worth throwing out there. (I've wondered myself)

What year STi motor? 06(?) and up has the dual AVCS heads where we only have single AVCS on the leggys for the intake cam. I'm not sure if that's an issue or not though but i think it's worth throwing out there. (I've wondered myself)

2010. That info would be good to know!

Archived