LegacyGT.com

So last night...

i wash my car at my new house----only to noctice that someone clipped my bumper putting a 4 inch fignernail deep scratch into the plastic front bumper on the passenger side----absolute enraged still at this point---why are people so frigging worthless now a days-----I keep my car beautiful at all time and some jerk comes along lips it while turning in out or out of a parking spot and doesnt leave me a note-----I really truly hate people at the moment.

I feel your pain. I have the exact same 2 to 3 inch scrape across my front bumber from some jagoff in a p-lot somewheres. Seriously, the amount of mediocrity and accountability in the world today is equally frightening and saddening.

Cheers!

I feel your pain, I don't know what I'd do if I ran into someone abusing my car. On the bright side you got the "first scratch" out of the way, right? You don't have to stress over keeping it immaculate after this. You might be able to get it filled in/repaired but I'm not sure how it'll hold up, being fiberglass and all.

On the 6th day I had my car (I got the first '07 GT Wagon sold in Seattle, still had the temporary registration in the back window) some jerkface tossed or kicked a big city trash can onto the front right fender. I've got 3 green scratches in the bumper, and a scratch/ding on the corner of the wheel well bevel where it meets the fiberglass. You have to look for it to spot it, but I'll always know it's there. When I first saw it there was trash all over the hood, including a half-melted milkshake dripping into the hood scoop. I nearly went ballistic, probably scared a dozen people walking by with my screaming...

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Same thing happened to my 2-month old Toyota years ago.:mad:

Some people refuse to pull in to a spot using more than one move. Many times I've seen drivers who know they are cutting it close between their bumper and the bumper of the car they are trying to park next to slowly edge into the spot. Lazy morons. Extra space won't magically appear the slower you move! JUST BACK UP A FEW FEET, READJUST AND PARK WITHOUT THE RISK OF HITTING MY CAR!:mad:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Simple truth is that most people think of their cars as transportation and not much more. We're here on this website because we're enthusiasts. The vast majority of people don't obsess like we do and I wouldn't be surprised if the person that did that to your car didn't even notice when they did it. That doesn't make them all bad people, it just means they don't care about cars the way we do. If they don't care about their cars like we do, think of how little they care about YOUR car. I have to continuously remind myself of this or I'd go crazy with my anger toward people who don't share my automobile values.

Simple truth is that most people think of their cars as transportation and not much more. We're here on this website because we're enthusiasts. The vast majority of people don't obsess like we do and I wouldn't be surprised if the person that did that to your car didn't even notice when they did it. That doesn't make them all bad people, it just means they don't care about cars the way we do. If they don't care about their cars like we do, think of how little they care about YOUR car. I have to continuously remind myself of this or I'd go crazy with my anger toward people who don't share my automobile values.

Enthusiast or not, that is your personal property which (like it or not) they vandalized. I'm not a house enthusiast, its just a place for me to sleep. But I don't walk into other peoples nice homes with my muddy shoes like I do at my house, I actually have respect for other peoples property and the things they worked very hard to obtain. Its called "consideration" which no one has these days. To the Op, that sucks .. will your insurance pay for it?

yea..i was going to circuit city just 2 days ago, and i park kind of far away from everyone next to my friend's car. so im walking towards the store and some guy and his wife im guessing start parking their taurus. as he pulls into the spot, i could see that he was not more than a couple millimeters off of hitting the car next to him. in fact, he probably swiped the bumper a little bit, but i continued walking. next thing i know, i hear a bump. i guess he was trying to straighten out..too bad he turns the wheel harder than he did going into the spot so of course..bam. and i made eye contact with him, and he just got on it and left. there wasnt any noticeable damage luckily on whoever's car that was, but really are people that ignorant?

I'm just as or more protective of my car as the next guy (does anyone else give their car a name?) and each new ding, dent, scuff, scrape and crack makes my blood boil. But when it comes to bumpers I like to recite a simple truth (mainly to myself, to keep my temper in check):

They're called "bumpers" and not "don't-touch-mes"...right?

Of course, this is doubly true for me...I've already had my rear bumper replaced because the driver behind me didn't have the same accident avoidance features as my Subie, and the people in front of me weren't even paying attention to the road (I honestly think they were stoned). 7k miles and I've already been to the body shop because other people don't pay attention...argh!!!

The mystery dents and dings are irritating. I bought my BSM 05 new and after I had it about a month; my 5 years old son scraped his bare ended handle bar all the way down the passenger side quarter panel while riding his bike out of the garage between the cars. No dent, just a 32 inch scratch throught the clear and base all the way to the primer.:eek:

I took it to the dealer to see what the subie body tech could do. They said they would have to do both quarters and the roof to fix it. We tried touching it up and buffing it out, but it looked like a tinfoil streak or the wrong color of paint. The brilliant silver really sucks to match.

Got the wife a new car a couple weeks ago and someone at work managed to break the passenger side mirror the first day she had it!

Let's kick this pig!

I just had to have my rear bumper replaced after a guy in a ten wheeled dump truck with about a twenty foot trailer with a bobcat on it backed through a two lane section of parking lot and the empty spot behind me. I was waiting for a friend that I was meeting for lunch, car still n gear, foot on the brake, playing with the radio when I notice something moving in my mirror. I thought it was possibly my friend parking behind me, but when I looked up and out of the mirror, to my surprise, all I could see was the front bucket of the bobcat getting closer. I let of the brake out just in time to get hit. At least the guy was cool and paid for it to be fixed without much of a hassle. I did save the tail light lense that broke off of the trailor for a souvenir.

(does anyone else give their car a name?) Mine is Lucy, what's yours?

This one is Rubie, the Subie before that was Sam(antha). Someone once told me it's not right to have an emotional attachment to a material possession but I think they're missing the whole point. It's not just a car, it's MY car!

I kept a chunk of ABS plastic from when I broke the passenger side mirror off of Sam backing into a parking spot at work that has concrete posts on either side. Someone came around the corner a bit fast and startled me, so I goosed the gas pedal as a knee-jerk reaction. I was a half an inch too far to the right, and snapped the whole mirror off. It's good to remind yourself not to be a moron sometimes.

I was parked in the middle of an empty parking lot and an old blind lady hit me. Not another car for a 20 parking spot radius and she had to hit me.... being in the clear doesnt always mean your safe... I hate going to the body shop....

Well thanks for the support guys. I called the insurance and told them what was going on--they said they could make a report but where a touch up on the bumper would only be 250-300 bucks I would have to pay for it due to my deductible. I undertand they are bumpers and no more---I just hate peoples lack of respect for another.

I remember my parents making me wait until someone came out of the store when I was a little kid because I excitedly threw open my door and dinged someones car in front of Kay-bee toy's. When the guy got out i had to apologize and offer up all my birthday money to pay for it---he smiled at me--asked if I had learned my lesson---in which i replied yes--and told me to enjoy my birthday--watch out for peoples cars--- and gave my parents his card if I ever wanted to come over and help him wax out the ding---which I did.

i understand we are enthusiasts ---- I understand most peoples "If it runs, who cares?" attitude---but people shouldnt just assume that---people should ave a enough respect to watch their hurtful actions.

I think that we all have an attachment to different things; some people are freaks about their clothes, some are freaks about their houses or lawns. I guess it just depends on what you put your time and effort into. It's just like getting a stain on your brand new shirt just before you go out for the night. It's just irritating. Not the end of the world; just real irritating.

Why is it that everytime you park a car in the empty part of the lot all by it's lonesome; you come back to find some turd parked right next to you and a new ding?

Let's kick this pig!

waxing my car this weekend i found that a cart had to hit my front bumber cause of the paint missing and on the rear bumber where a cart had to have hit and left some scraths and a long 4 inch long one:mad:

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

my cars name is Sue. for obvious reasons.

I'm very sorry to hear about your scratches. I feel the same frustration towards people and their complete lack of respect of others and their property. i was in denver a little while back and saw someone clip a parked cars mirror and just drive off. i left the guy a note with the license plate in the hopes that he could find the person. i agree with the previous point that people simply dont care about their cars like enthusiasts do. this is fine, but they still need to respect the property of others. just because they've never washed their car or changed their oil doesnt mean they can go driving around parking lots like blind apes.

i live in the bay area and unfortunately i've given up here due to the extreme narcism (sp) and selfishness that most people here live by. i'm told its the same everywhere but i really have to hold out hope for when i get the hell out of here.

waxing my car this weekend i found that a cart had to hit my front bumber cause of the paint missing and on the rear bumber where a cart had to have hit and left some scraths and a long 4 inch long one:mad:

Honestly Mine could have been a cart as well---but agin back to the people---is it really that hard to walk the car back to the cart corral instead of leaving it to bounce of from 40 cars in the parking lot?

I still have the first car I ever bought, granted I'm only 29 years old, but have had a chevy close for a long time. It's not my daily driver, but I still love the car. A 1970 Chevelle that I worked for a long time to buy myself. Instead of the high school parties, I put price tags on cans of soup to save for that car. Built it, Painted it, learned about cars from it. I came out of a store after I had finished it to find my entire passenger door caved in from someone hitting it. People should respect others peoples property reguardless of what it is, a 72 pinto, or a new spec B. I would love to find the guy that hit my chevelle and left without a word.

Honestly Mine could have been a cart as well---but agin back to the people---is it really that hard to walk the car back to the cart corral instead of leaving it to bounce of from 40 cars in the parking lot?

I guess they figure since stores pay teenagers minimum wage to gather up the carts they could leave them wherever. But when can you rely on punk kids making that little? They're annual income probably wouldn't cover the damage they do to cars when they bring those carts in! I know that we raced shopping carts in the parking lot at my first job, or chucked the ones from other stores down to the lowest part of the lot and tried to hit the Sheriff's cruisers. You really don't want to know what we did after the snowplows came in the winter...

I waxed my car yesterday and found a few more battlescars but now it's just too much little crap to get worked up over. It's bound to happen, so I'm looking into ways to fix them once there's enough to make it worth the effort every so often, like twice a year or something.

Funny side note: the guy at the body shop where my bumper work was done told me that the best way to fix the tiny chips was to get a hair dryer and a crayon that's the color closest to your paint. Heat up the area with the chip then press the crayon over the area with a firm, circular motion like you're filling in a dot on one of those Scantron tests or a ballot. Let it cool, then heat it up again to get the wax to seep further into the minuscule crater and then let it cool once more. Buff it out and you'll be the only one who knows that you've scribbled Crayola on your car. It's wax, so it should hold up for a few months or so. Repeat it every time you detail your car.

Sounds funny, but the dude's been in the business for like 30 years and seems to know his shit. I'm gonna try it on one or two spots, just for shits'n'giggles. Lucky for me black is an easy crayon to find, but I don't think it'll be as simple for lighter colors.

Archived