LegacyGT.com

15,000 mile checkup

What should be included is clearly stated in your manual. If you don't own it look on my.subaru.com and its all in there in a PDF. Don't get talked into more service.

Dealership or independant is what you prefer and want to pay. I would get a price quote for required services (in manual) from both and go from there, it varies.

According to the factory service manual:

replace: oil and oil filter

inspect: clutch, brake lines, brakes pads and rotors, parking break, suspension, axle boots and joints, rotate tires, power steering

Thus, it is basically an oil change, tire rotation, and general inspection.

I did it myself. What are dealers charging for this? I can't see how that could cost more than $80-$100.

I just stopped by a local dealership to pick up some oil filters. My 15,000 is coming up at the next service interval so I checked on the price...

That was the price listed on their little maintenance board. Not sure if it included any "extras".

I'm in PA by the way, and this was at Cochran out in Monroeville.

My dealer asked me if I wanted to do the 15k serivce. I said no, I just had them change the oil. He did say that I should at least change the air filter. It seem early to me to change the air filter at 15k. Anyone have the dealer change the air filter as part of thsi serivice?

No, I haven't looked in the manual as of yet........

Our 15k runs $225.00 and includes all the recomended services on Subaru's severe duty service schedule:

Oil & Filter Change

Tire Rotation

Replace Brake Fluid

Replace Transmission Fluid

Replace Front & Rear Differential Fluid

Clean & Adjust Parking Brake

Scan On-Board Computer

Inspect tires, hoses, belts, battery, steering, suspension, brake linings & components, fuel system & lines, axle shafts & boots, wipers, lights, horn, door locks & air filter.

Our 15k runs $225.00 and includes all the recomended services on Subaru's severe duty service schedule:

Oil & Filter Change

Tire Rotation

Replace Brake Fluid

Scan On-Board Computer

Inspect tires, hoses, belts, battery, steering, suspension, brake linings & components, fuel system & lines, axle shafts & boots, wipers, lights, horn, door locks & air filter.

Why do they scan the on-board computer?

You may want to just "visually" check the air filter...very easy to do. I checked mine at 15K- 11/06, and it had a ton of leaves on the surface, and it was very dirty. I did the oil change and air filter replacement myself, plus the tranny fluid and rear dif with redline.

You may want to just "visually" check the air filter...very easy to do. I checked mine at 15K- 11/06, and it had a ton of leaves on the surface, and it was very dirty. I did the oil change and air filter replacement myself, plus the tranny fluid and rear dif with redline.

That's what I was thinking... It's not rocket science... :lol:

Oil & Filter Change

Tire Rotation

Replace Brake Fluid

Scan On-Board Computer

Thats not a 15k thats more like a 30k dude. I would just change the oil and rotate the tires. At that milelage the air filter and pcv valve is still chean. !5k at my job is oil change, rotate, adjust rear brakes and inspect and inspect everything.

Thats not a 15k thatsmore like a 30k dude. I would just change the oil and rotate the tires. At that milelage the air filter and pcv valve is still chean. !5k at my job is oil change, rotate, adjust rear brakes and inspect and inspect everything.

At 12 k mi, my air filter was in terrible condition - I cleared it by tapping out the dirt and got it replaced as soon as I could - but I was driving the car in a dusty climate.

Oil & Filter Change

Tire Rotation

Replace Brake Fluid

Scan On-Board Computer

Replace the brake, transmission, and differential fluid?

:confused:

What?

Yea I think that is the 30k service. Here is the 15k service straigt from mysubaru.com:

MAINTENANCE DETAILS

Vehicle: 2005 LEGACY 2.5 GT SEDAN

Interval: 15000miles / 15 month service

Action Description

Replace: Engine oil

Replace: Engine oil filter

Inspect: Disc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint portions

Perform: Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake system

Inspect: Clutch operation

Inspect: Steering and suspension

Perform: Rotate and Inspect Tires

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Just took out my air filter. Not as easy as I would have thought, but I got it.:) Anyway, it had dirt in it of course, some leaves, but it was still white and looked ok. Anyway, I now have 21k on my car at this point. I think I'll wait to the 30k for the air filter. I tapped out all the debris I could. It's time to put on the snow tires so the tire rotation isn't an issue. Thanks for the responses guys.

at Renick the do:

all the inspection

oil + filter

rotate tires

4 wheel alignment

for $234

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I asked my service writer about an alignment at the 15k service, and he looked at me like I was green. "Are you having a problem, tire wear or pulling, something like that?" "No," I said. "Then why do you want an alignment?"

So I felt stupid but good because he could have had my money right there but doesnt think you need an alignment unless you're having problems. Good to go.

Well I'm going to do it. I'm have Superpro LCR fulcrum bushings on the way so I will need alignment anyway.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived