LegacyGT.com

Clattering Sound- ~1,500-2,400 under load... stumped!

Hey guys! I spent about a half hour searching for a thread on this to no avail, so I figured I'd see if the community has any ideas. Over the past couple days, I've noticed a clattering sound coming from the driver's side of the car when I have the car in gear between 1,500 and 2,400 rpm (doesn't happen in neutral that I can tell, and I have only been able to reproduce it while moving). In addition, tonight the oil pressure light started coming on intermittently. It wouldn't stay on for any length of time, but just long enough to scare the crap out of me. I noticed my oil was low when I got home.

Here's my car's details:

2005 LGT 2.5T wagon

176k miles

Running STG1 tune from Subiemods.

Cobb CAI

The sound reminds me of when I was a kid and would put baseball cards in the spokes of my bike wheels. I'll post a video of the sound tomorrow if people think it would help... Any direction on this would be helpful. I don't want to jump ship to the stealership quite yet.

Forgot to add, I have an MT. The noise went pretty much away this morning, so it looks like adding oil did the trick! Thank goodness. I'll keep track of oil consumption more closely from now on.

You need to check the oil every few day's and always top it off.

These things use oil at different rates, its not the same all the time.

I carry oil in both my cars, just in case I need to top them off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't know if it will help but check the O2 Sensor Bung

From experience, I had a clanking sound during the same RPM's

and It made my car run like crap without throwing a code.

When I checked it, it was the O2 Sensor bung like I said

Re-welded it and my car sounds like new.

It can also be your throw out bearing?

Archived