LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

the only laws I actually have to follow are the inspection regulations. When it comes to modification of my vehicle i.e tuning, I do not have to follow Italian laws. In the end, majority of us leave this duty station and return home stateside. It's the same thing with window tinting. I do not have to follow Italian tinting laws. I can have my vehicle tinted to USDM Specs and I "WILL NOT" get in trouble with the local Italian laws.

OK, good. In fact I didn't say "don't do it" I just wanted to suggest to check all details before going ahead and making changes that would later have put You in trouble.

If You want I can check with my dealership how much a full lamp + HID's would cost.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now found out that in Germany they already sell the 2013 facelift WITH HID's.

Thanks to Brainchild Customs we know the 2013's are a direct swap to 2010's, therefore You have 2 more options to choose ;)

yay! now I have to just find them!

OK, good. In fact I didn't say "don't do it" I just wanted to suggest to check all details before going ahead and making changes that would later have put You in trouble.

If You want I can check with my dealership how much a full lamp + HID's would cost.

yes please do!

In sure it's been discussed but many European cars will have its optics set to the left and not the right...possibly blinding oncomming traffic.(no more than Chevy cobalts with hid)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In sure it's been discussed but many European cars will have its optics set to the left and not the right...possibly blinding oncomming traffic.(no more than Chevy cobalts with hid)

Only UK market or other RHD countries. But some place like Germany would have ones set properly to use here as well.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Can anyone verify if the autralian version of our car, if the suspension setup would be the same for swapping coilovers??? I've found a few kits which are good for the BM platform so I'd assume they'd be ok

were you able to find the price on them?

I was out on a business trip these days...I'll call my italian dealership today for a price for the italian version (2010 in chrome + HID's).

Plus I'll ask a German friend to do so for the German version (2012 facelift in chrome and in blacked-out + HID's).

As soon as I have all the prices I'll post them here.

I contacted a German dealer directly...they couldn't give me an exact price because the first 2013 facelifts will arrive on their lot around may/june, so they don't have any VIN number to choose the right version from....and I don't have one either obviously.

The approximate price idea they gave me was Euro 900,- incl. VAT (full headlight incl. HID unit)....and that's PER PIECE => full swap is Euro 1800,- :eek::eek::eek:

My italian dealership didn't yet react...the guy from the spare parts department is away for some tech lessons...."patience my young padawan"

I contacted a German dealer directly...they couldn't give me an exact price because the first 2013 facelifts will arrive on their lot around may/june, so they don't have any VIN number to choose the right version from....and I don't have one either obviously.

The approximate price idea they gave me was Euro 900,- incl. VAT (full headlight incl. HID unit)....and that's PER PIECE => full swap is Euro 1800,- :eek::eek::eek:

My italian dealership didn't yet react...the guy from the spare parts department is away for some tech lessons...."patience my young padawan"

mein got! Euro 1800 :nono: BLAH!

I also got the official price from my dealership - the full 2010 headlamp unit incl. HID's + auto-levelling unit is Euro 1101,73 incl. italian VAT.

And that's PER PIECE (right or left side) => Full swap is Euro 2203,46 = approx. USD 2860,-

I also got the official price from my dealership - the full 2010 headlamp unit incl. HID's + auto-levelling unit is Euro 1101,73 incl. italian VAT.

And that's PER PIECE (right or left side) => Full swap is Euro 2203,46 = approx. USD 2860,-

wow!

And just to clarify, it is not the 6MT short shifter FOR the STi, but a short shifter made for the 5th gen Legacy by STi.

I know a few vendors call it the STi shifter, but I worry someday a noob is going to read it wrong and buy one of the dozens available for that platform. Especially since this is the "parts from other models" thread.

got part#?

Is that the only short short shifter option we have?

Jdm version 7 2002 wrx brembo brakes are 5x100...can get a whole set front and rear for 1200 $...should I or shouldn't I go for it?..brakes calipers, rotors, pads included

The issue if I understand correctly has to do with the rears... You have to either do brackets or redrilled rotors. I personally went with redrilled rotors but its up to you.

Update - not a full confirmation but the JDM 2002 Brembos are the same as the 04-07 STI rears. Bracket is needed plus the dual drilled rotors. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f65/va-2001-jdm-sti-brembo-rear-calipers-550-a-100154/

The issue if I understand correctly has to do with the rears... You have to either do brackets or redrilled rotors. I personally went with redrilled rotors but its up to you.

You can now get rears dual drilled :)

http://www.fastwrx.com/20rewrxtosti.html

Edited by minuccims
redo