LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD's with stock spec-b springs?

I have the stock spec-b springs from another member here(great deal btw) and wonder if anyone who has put LGT spec Bilseins on the Outback used stock spec-b springs or has everyone just went straight to the pinks/epic/etc. springs?

want to keep the ride height close to this:

1251685493_OutbackwithGTstruts.thumb.jpg.4d7487d25ee6ab54f50fbe33c6b41d9c.jpg

Actually, I wonder if we should consider taking this discussion to:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spring-length-comparisoni-180769.html

But I would really like to compare your "spec B" springs to the ones I just bought. I was surprised that uncompressed these "spec B" Legacy fronts are actually longer than std 2.5i Outback springs, and 1mm thinner. :confused: . I'm not surprised the rears are shorter & softer (after all, spec B's are sedans, right?)

My alleged spec B:

front: 14" long, 13mm thickness.

rear: 13.25" long, 11.9mm thick.

Std Outback:

front: 13" long, 14mm thick

rear: 14.25" long, 13.3mm thick

Outback XT:

front 14.3mm thick, uncompressed length unknown (still on car)

rears: assume same as std Outback

So who knows the ride height effect of putting these Spec B springs (if that is what they are) on an Outback.

If you have a micrometer, could you measure your spec B's? And tape measure length of uncompressed springs. I'm curious if we have the same springs.

I guess my questions are: did I really get Spec B springs? And if I mount them instead of the stock springs, what will be the effect on ride height (and handling since they are thinner...no doubt considrably softer).

If only there were more true Outback options (for 1-1.5" lowering) that had been tested.

Archived