LegacyGT.com

installed turbo timer, no power

We are just finishing a turbo timer install, a wire on the harness had a slight nick in it, touched metal and the car died. no instrumentation illumination, no ignition, cant even put windows up. no fuses are blown and the manual doesnt indicate what relay does what, making our trouble shooting next to impossible. anyone have any advice? as of now were stuck...

remove turbo timer (you don't need it ) replace blown fuse. Learn lesson.

I thought you needed a turbo timer to prevent coking of the oil? :confused:

checked both fuse boxes, every fuse is in working order.

If every fuse is in working order, then there should be power to all of the components ;)

When you park your car just keep it running for 30-60 seconds. While you're waiting for the minute to pass, here's a few things you can do (got this from some car magazine)

-Pick your nose

-Fix your unibrow

-Adjust your mirrors

-Throw your trash in a bag

-Remove any crud from your teeth

-Look in your rearview mirror and pretend the guy behind the wheel is a stud

-Look in your passenger seat and pretend your GF/BF/Wife/Husband is a model (or imagine one there

-Look around to see if anyone is wondering why your in your car and your car is running but it's parked

-Pretend you're on a steak out

I'm sure there's more but I'm tired and judging by some of the stupid things I said is a clear indication I should stop posting for the night.

When you park your car just keep it running for 30-60 seconds. While you're waiting for the minute to pass, here's a few things you can do (got this from some car magazine)

-Pick your nose

-Fix your unibrow

-Adjust your mirrors

-Throw your trash in a bag

-Remove any crud from your teeth

-Look in your rearview mirror and pretend the guy behind the wheel is a stud

-Look in your passenger seat and pretend your GF/BF/Wife/Husband is a model (or imagine one there

-Look around to see if anyone is wondering why your in your car and your car is running but it's parked

-Pretend you're on a steak out

I'm sure there's more but I'm tired and judging by some of the stupid things I said is a clear indication I should stop posting for the night.

you make a good point. i could also go about my day as well :lol:

ill have to go through all the fuses again tomorrow when i have light. as for now she is sitting outside with the windows down. bums are going to end up having an orgy in it

you don't need it because the turbos are oil and water cooled, and unless you are running the car hard and there is not cool down time from when you are mashing the LOL pedal and turning off the car a turbo timer is pointless.

You contradicted yourself, oil cooled. If that oil is hot and there is no cool down, no matter how hard I drove it, there is a high probability of oil coking. With how much and far I drive, I want it to err on the side of caution

Subaru designed the turbos to be self cooling when the engine is off. That is why we have a secondary coolant tank above the turbo.

Don't floor the car into a parking space and it should never be an issue. Come to think about it, when was the last time you heard of a subaru coking the oil in a turbo with a stock location turbo? Never?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

you don't need it because the turbos are oil and water cooled, and unless you are running the car hard and there is not cool down time from when you are mashing the LOL pedal and turning off the car a turbo timer is pointless.

Bolding what you aparently missed.

You contradicted yourself, oil cooled. If that oil is hot and there is no cool down, no matter how hard I drove it, there is a high probability of oil coking. With how much and far I drive, I want it to err on the side of caution

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/562900/facepalm.jpg

Archived