LegacyGT.com

Can I get what I want?

ShackleMeNot

In the next few months I am going to be in the market for a new car.

After looking at Audi, BMW, Volvo, Porsche, Mitsubishi, Subaru WRX and STi, I think I've finally found what I'm looking for: a 2011 Legacy GT.

Is/was it possible to get a 2011 LGT in black with a black cloth interior and a moon roof?

Thanks in advance.

They don't make cloth interior for LGT's anymore. You can get a 2011+ LGT in black with black leather and moonroof (it's standard) They stopped in 2010 actually with cloth interiors since they removed the premium package and only offer the limited package. Finding a 2011 in general may be tough depending on location since 2012's are out.

In the two days that it took for my first post to pass moderation, I hit the dealership and asked the same question and got the same answer.

The good news is that I found a 2010 Legacy GT with sunroof and cloth with 10,000 miles. The bad news is that it's about 1800 miles away and the worse news is that the dealership wants $32k for it.

I'm finding '11 LGT limiteds with fewer miles for thousands less.

I'm thinking about calling the dealership and trying to negotiate over the phone, but that sounds frustrating just thinking about it.

Plus there's the issue of possibly buying a car that I won't be able to inspect or drive.

:confused:

The good news is that I found a 2010 Legacy GT with sunroof and cloth with 10,000 miles. The bad news is that it's about 1800 miles away and the worse news is that the dealership wants $32k for it.

32k is about the price of the car when it was new, it's now 2 model years old. Dealers are in the business of selling cars, I am sure you will be able to get them to come down on the price, to many of them its a game. some like to price high and hope for a some buy it high or like to have plently negiotiating room to make buyer feel like they for a good price (or allow for high trade in price.)

Don't let them onto that your looking for that specific combo.

This forum has been great. I've spent way too much time researching everything I can do when I actually buy my car.

I'm going to haggle long distance with the dealership. I'm actually going to play up the cloth as a negative even though it's the interior that I'm looking for. If all goes well, I'll be a fellow Subaru LGT owner soon.

Thanks for the replies.

leather is not bad even though I understand why you want cloth. 2 years difference is more important than trim.

and also remember the words of great English philosopher : "You can't always get what you want".

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

leather is not bad even though I understand why you want cloth. 2 years difference is more important than trim.

and also remember the words of great English philosopher : "You can't always get what you want".

the "glimmer twins" ?:p

I just read all 84 pages of the shimmy thread and I'm concerned that this low mile '10 is likely a buy-back. I can't imagine a lot of other reasons why there would be 10k miles on a 2 year old car.

It would be GREAT if a local forum member could take the car out on a test drive and confirm that it doesn't have a shimmy issue before I go any further.

Maybe I'll post in that region's forum and ask this huge favor.

• Moderators

Valid concern about possible buy-back (maybe?), but not necessarily the only possibility. I purchased a new '09 LGT in Sept '09, sold it in Nov '10 with less than 8,000 miles.

Reason?? Things changed. I no longer needed a vehicle for a commute and the car payment + insurance for driving what would amount to less than 5k miles during the next year didn't make sense (would've cost me over $1 per mile to own the car!!!) so I sold it.

Now, a year or so later I'm commuting again so I bought another LGT because I liked the first one so much. This time I bought an '05 because I wanted a wagon in anticipation of having our first baby in two months. Again, life changes and thus vehicle requirements change.

Not saying the vehicle isn't a buy back, just saying there are definitely other possibilities. Where are you located???

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Valid concern about possible buy-back (maybe?), but not necessarily the only possibility. I purchased a new '09 LGT in Sept '09, sold it in Nov '10 with less than 8,000 miles.

Similar situation here but the other side of the coin. I bought my LGT from a dealer with 8k miles, 8 months after it sold new. It was a trade in because the owner really wanted an STi but it was only available in hatch. 8 months after buying the LGT they released the STi sedan and he traded his LGT for it (and I got his "old" LGT).

I would offer $23,500. I have seen some premiums advertised for lower than 25k with similar mileage. One dealer offered me 22999 because it sat on the lot too long, but was too far away for me and had 19k on it.

Holy sh**. Lol- i test drove that car 5 times to decide if I wanted a legacy.. and it's still for sale??!! The reason I chose to order a car was because it was the same price as that (when I ordered) with EVERYTHING on it. It's definitely a nice car, but they were asking too much; if you can wait a month or so, order one with a sts and a couple other things you want on it.. check out my thread "2012 buying experience" in the pre-purchase questions category.. it may or may not have been from that dealership. And btw, I know how to drive so I didn't hurt the car for ya if you decide you want it!

Archived