LegacyGT.com

Which flywheel to go with??

saltysack22

I am just about to order a new clutch kit and dont know which flywheel to go with... Im getting the act hd clutch and it seems like almost everyone is using the oem wrx flywheel. My question is why not use the act streetlight fw (13.9lbs) for almost the same price??? Is it gonna be not as good for a daily driver or what?? Any help would be great...

A lighter flywheel is not necessarily a good thing. It affects driveability by making revs drop faster, and when releasing the clutch from a stoplight, you have to overcompensate the engine speed to make up for lost inertia. I will probably never do a lightweight flywheel again, they are cool for a little while, but become a pain in the ass sooner than you would anticipate.
On the search for a new DD...

Tracer-X has the ACT Streetlite, with the HDMM clutch/pp, and he likes it. He let me take it for a short test drive in a residential area with a bunch of stops/starts/parking/1-2 shifting/etc and I really liked it too. Had I stayed with my plan to get an HDMM, I would have gotten the Streetlite flywheel as well.

But I went with a stronger clutch though - hopefully much stronger - and decided to go with the WRX flywheel since I don't know how grabby/modulate-able this thing is going to be. I decided to play it safe. Been wondering if that was the right decision ever since I placed the order. :lol:

Archived