LegacyGT.com

Relief from catless DP stench, finally!

GTTuner

you are definitely not a environmental engineer...because I am, and that whole thing you wrote is stupid

In what world do you live in that a handful of cars running catless carries the same environmental impact as two rapidly expanding countries that hold a far more expansive population ?

I could suck start a snow blower.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why pollute if you don't have to?

http://www.gesi.us/

Vibrant carries it.

Saying, "O, it's just a small percentage that pollute." is exactly why we are killing our planet. Trying to deny that we are having a negative impact on the planet is also dumb.

I missed the part where I started to GAF.

I run catless. Who ******* cares. That's like worrying about the titanic running out of scotch at the minibar. There are far more important things to care about.

• Moderators
I missed the part where I started to GAF.

I run catless. Who ******* cares. That's like worrying about the titanic running out of scotch at the minibar. There are far more important things to care about.

You are both selfish and a dumbass. I'm glad I don't know you in real life because I'm pretty sure I would hate you :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Little canada, mn. Pm me if you are ever in town and feel like putting your money where your mouth is.

That is, if me showing up in a catless car wouldn't offend you too much. Otherwise I know a few great brewpubs with awesome food.

Edited by derp

Because I choose to run a catless exhaust based on the market options I have available? Really now, what's more selfish? Me choosing an option freely available on the market, or you two insisting that I choose a route that makes YOU feel better?

And because I chose to go catless, I deserve to lose the car? How arrogant can you get?

Should everyone who ever has owned a modified car without a cat have it impounded? I suppose Formula 1 should be banned along with every other form of motorsport. It's not even my daily driver, FFS. Lose the soapbox please.

Edited by derp

Derp, don't let the tree huggers get to you. The fact of this matter is we may be polluting a bit more than others. Being catless I have run my car on the emission dyno and it runs pretty damn clean. I'd be willing to bet my car runs cleaner than a 10-15 year old car with cats.

Close off the vents in the trunk if your getting fumes in the car. For the record, I had fumes coming in before I did any modifications. The only difference was the fumes smelled like rotten eggs!

Because I choose to run a catless exhaust based on the market options I have available? Really now, what's more selfish? Me choosing an option freely available on the market, or you two insisting that I choose a route that makes YOU feel better?

And because I chose to go catless, I deserve to lose the car? How arrogant can you get?

Should everyone who ever has owned a modified car without a cat have it impounded? I suppose Formula 1 should be banned along with every other form of motorsport. It's not even my daily driver, FFS. Lose the soapbox please.

HA! Classic!

Chill out man.

http://katpadi.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/kobe-u-mad.jpg

Lol i find myself scouring the internet looking for a good condition CATTED dp, beacuse, as an engineer myself, I understand that they were put there for a reason. I choose not to compromise on noise and smell, while staying under the radar, and complying with the law. If I get pulled over, I want his only bitch to be speed or window tint.

Serious performance machines all come from the factory with cats, and in many cases, the additional heat generated by a cat promotes complete combustion and increases thermodynamic flow effects in the exhaust stream.

Lol i find myself scouring the internet looking for a good condition CATTED dp, beacuse, as an engineer myself, I understand that they were put there for a reason. I choose not to compromise on noise and smell, while staying under the radar, and complying with the law. If I get pulled over, I want his only bitch to be speed or window tint.

Serious performance machines all come from the factory with cats, and in many cases, the additional heat generated by a cat promotes complete combustion and increases thermodynamic flow effects in the exhaust stream.

keep on your search man. I found a local catted invidia downpipe in almost perfect condition (used less than 500 miles) for $400. They are out there. Good luck

funny. i went in for an oil change this morning and mentioned the strong exhaust smell and had them check the system for leaks. they claimed tight as a drum and the woman at the counter tried to tell me that's just the design of the system, suggesting that subaru intended for the car to be flooded with exhaust gases, factory spec.

Now, I bought this car used and and I'm still discovering little things the previous owner did that weren't disclosed at purchase. I had a cracked UP and replaced it with a catless one, come to find out the cracked one was also catless. so now I'm thinking the DP may also be catless, thus causing all the exhaust issues. we'll see, I'm going back in tomorrow to talk to the subaru tech.

I may try the tape solution for the time being and replace the cat once the slow money season is over in a few months.

• 1 month later...

evangt- the catted UP is strictly for cold start emissions and it was a bad idea. Subaru stopped using catted UP's in 2006.

Blocking up these vents will NOT help cabin air quality. You are sealing up the vent, preventing fresh air from coming in.

Imagine the blower on your car's HVAC system is like a hair dryer blowing through a paper towel tube. Now plug up one end of the tube. That's what you guys are doing by taping up those vents.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I just installed the invidia Q300 exhaust system on my outback xt and also noticed a strong exhaust gas fume entering the cabin. Especially noticeable when the windows are cracked open. Since the Q300 wasn't meant for the outback, I have reason to believe this is the cause of the smell because the tips of the exhaust system do not protrude past the bumper. I have cut out a portion of the rear bumper out to get the exhaust tips to fit, albeit its not the cleanest install, it works. Do you think extending the tips so they protrude past the bumper will solve this issue? I have checked for leaks and am absolutely sure none of the flanged connections are leaking.

evangt- the catted UP is strictly for cold start emissions and it was a bad idea. Subaru stopped using catted UP's in 2006.

Blocking up these vents will NOT help cabin air quality. You are sealing up the vent, preventing fresh air from coming in.

Imagine the blower on your car's HVAC system is like a hair dryer blowing through a paper towel tube. Now plug up one end of the tube. That's what you guys are doing by taping up those vents.

Your talking thru your FCKN ass, I've had this mod for three years now. Air IS NOT SUPPOSE TO ENTER THROUGH THOSE VENTS, ONLY EXIT. That's the problem the flappers do not seal. My HAVC works flawlessly, you haven't tried the mod nor do you have a catless system so STFU and let them try it, they will breathe better air.