LegacyGT.com

another gas mileage thread

Yesterday I filled the wagon in Ludlow VT, then drove home, 153miles. The first 23 miles are state roads with a speed limit of 50mph except for the town of Chester VT. From the exit in CT to the house is about 5 miles.

On the highway the cruise was set at 75-78mph most of the way. I kept checking the dash readout, Yes I know it's optimistic by about one mpg.

It read 27.0 mpg when we got home. I didn't think the car would get that mileage with the hp it makes going that fast.

Pretty happy with that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yea, it's all has to do with the highway miles. If I only drove the car on back roads I'm sure it would be down in the lower 20's.

It's hard to keep my foot out of it...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Oh yea, it's all has to do with the highway miles. If I only drove the car on back roads I'm sure it would be down in the lower 20's.

It's hard to keep my foot out of it...

Yea my foot is always in it :lol:

Driving on Oahu is a lot of stop and go traffic along with going over the mountain everyday for me (Kaneohe - Honolulu and back)

Son's 05 Forester XT (4eat) with a tune and VF-39 gets 22mpg consistently...more if I do mostly highway (240hp/243tq) on Dyno

My 05 Legacy GT (6sp) with a tune and FP HTA Green gets about 20mpg (420hp/422tq) on Dyno

Wife's 2011 CRV gets about 22mpg...

I attribute the mileage to Jarrad of PDXTuning...he really knows how to tune our Subaru's.

I don't get on the Legacy much as it really goes too fast...but the Forester gets driven in a spirited way often.

Pretty happy with both cars...especially since 92oct here is currently $4.12/gal. How many cars do you know that put down the power our Suby's do and still get in the 20mpg+ combined...not many.

Driving on Oahu is a lot of stop and go traffic along with going over the mountain everyday for me (Kaneohe - Honolulu and back)

Son's 05 Forester XT (4eat) with a tune and VF-39 gets 22mpg consistently...more if I do mostly highway (240hp/243tq) on Dyno

My 05 Legacy GT (6sp) with a tune and FP HTA Green gets about 20mpg (420hp/422tq) on Dyno

Wife's 2011 CRV gets about 22mpg...

I attribute the mileage to Jarrad of PDXTuning...he really knows how to tune our Subaru's.

I don't get on the Legacy much as it really goes too fast...but the Forester gets driven in a spirited way often.

Pretty happy with both cars...especially since 92oct here is currently $4.12/gal. How many cars do you know that put down the power our Suby's do and still get in the 20mpg+ combined...not many.

Can't figure why they dropped the turbo for the 3.6. Both get the same MPG. 3.6 6 cannot be tuned. Oh well.

You're right, not many 400hp factory cars getting better MPG. I think it's possible though, Ford is developing alot of small motor turbo cars. Should be a matter of time :)

I wonder if the Kia Optima can be tweaked for more power. It puts out decent power and gets 34mpg.

I average about 19.5 with half highway half stop and go. When I was driving more highway I was able to get 20 avg. Not much higher than that ever, even when I "try" not to mash on the pedal. IE drove it in intelligent mode and pretty conservative with the throttle.

Do the LGT 5MT just get better gas mileage than the spec's?

^you drive like an ASSHAT

I get 19ish on Stage 3 setup

How the F do you know what i drive like, stalker! I have a stage 2 tune and i get 19. I only drive 3 miles to work and 3 back... SLOWLY. Thanks!:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how you guys do it. My commute is about 20 miles each way. About 4 of those i get on the feeway to avoid a bunch stop and go at intersections. The street portion is hit and miss on the red lights. I can only get about 17 mpg per the dash but I am in a hurry in the morning.

I've also taken it on a 200 miles roundtrip drive on the freeway and managed 30mpg.

My car is completely stock with 5EAT. The feeway mileage is good, but the street mileage is as if Im driving an SUV.

Does the mpg vary from the 5EAT and the 5MT? How? How does the "winter" blend affect the mpg's?

Sory I'm just curious.

I believe the gearing is very similar between the two.

Winter blend normally takes a 2-3mpg hit for me on any vehicle.

I'm not sure how you guys do it. My commute is about 20 miles each way. About 4 of those i get on the feeway to avoid a bunch stop and go at intersections. The street portion is hit and miss on the red lights. I can only get about 17 mpg per the dash but I am in a hurry in the morning.

I've also taken it on a 200 miles roundtrip drive on the freeway and managed 30mpg.

My car is completely stock with 5EAT. The feeway mileage is good, but the street mileage is as if Im driving an SUV.

My DD with the wagon is about 70 miles to work and back. About 63 of that is highway. I normally set the cruise about 68-70mph sometime slower because of traffic. In the summer time the wagon will get 24.6 on the dash most day's.

Driving up to VT thursday night I filled up in Springfiled MA just off the highway and came up 72-75mph the dash read 25.8 when I got into toww.

Thats about 95 miles highway and 23 miles on state roads, about 55mph.

I have told my tuner the mpg I great and he's not sure why because that's not what he's tuned to car for. He's tuned it to be safe under boost.

dash readout isn't that exact.

fill it up, drive and fill it up again

only then you are sure about the milage

Mine does 2.6 mpg LPG when driving 75 mph on the highway (it's a legacy touring automatic 2,5)

LPG is 40% the price of petrol

rens

Archived