LegacyGT.com

Paint type and technique required for samsung touch of color?

CDubbs

In the process of updating my carputer setup I am looking into getting a replacement momo wheel with audio controls. Unfortunately the top of the wheel has the woodgrain where I have the black interior.

I am not looking to do a fade or anything like that, just looking for a deep red/wine color. The edge of the transition in this pic shows what I am looking for (the nearly black portion).

http://computershopper.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/ces-2010/laptops/samsung-s-r-series-brings-both-business-and-pleasure-to-the-table/526636-1-eng-US/samsung-s-r-series-brings-both-business-and-pleasure-to-the-table_large.jpg

I found a Krylon Wine color in their plastic specific product line, but I don't know anything about what clearcoat materials or techniques are necessary to get as close to this as possible.

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

**Edit: I know it's really ricey and I should probably just black vinyl wrap it. On that note anyone know of a very dark red vinyl wrap? :)

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Thought about just stripping off the top coat and staining the wood? If I'm not mistaken, it's real wood (it is on the LLBean Forster at least) so you should be able to stain it dark red. Then just use darker shades around the ends to do your fade.

Ahh, didnt realize it was real wood. Changes things significantly! Thanks for that.

Honestly not trying to do a fade or anything, just want to get a very dark red, nearly black with an eggshell gloss.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived