LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No. The recirc fitting is a flange on the STi units. The only aftermarket BPV that fits on our cars in the stock location is the Turbosmart Kompact 34mm unit here.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/kompact-plumb-back-universal-fit

If you have a Racer-X charge pipe, it relocates the BPV onto the charge pipe from the stock location and you can use any BPV that fits the 08+ WRX and 05-09 LGT.

no. The recirc fitting is a flange on the sti units. The only aftermarket bpv that fits on our cars in the stock location is the turbosmart kompact 34mm unit here.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/kompact-plumb-back-universal-fit

if you have a racer-x charge pipe, it relocates the bpv onto the charge pipe from the stock location and you can use any bpv that fits the 08+ wrx and 05-09 lgt.

thanks for saving me $100. Lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GranTour

Just read the last few pages here. People spoke of cylinder heads and cams. It is my understanding that AVCS is in different configurations: This is what I remember reading (not sure if it is true)

single AVCS: intake cam only: 05+ WRX and pre-2010 LGT

dual AVCS: both intake and exhaust: STI and 2010+ LGT

As far as I know that would make some cams not swapable.

Also a head swap would require an ecu/wire harness swap possibly? Which would in turn cause a bunch more head aches.

Just speculating here.

Just read the last few pages here. People spoke of cylinder heads and cams. It is my understanding that AVCS is in different configurations: This is what I remember reading (not sure if it is true)

single AVCS: intake cam only: 05+ WRX and pre-2010 LGT

dual AVCS: both intake and exhaust: STI and 2010+ LGT

As far as I know that would make some cams not swapable.

Also a head swap would require an ecu/wire harness swap possibly? Which would in turn cause a bunch more head aches.

Just speculating here.

The problem you will run into, is that the oil scavenge pump for the turbo is cam driven. I don't remember which cam it is, but one has a key notch cut on the end which drives the pump. Without pump, you have no turbo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Probably a VERY stupid and noob-like question, but will a 13 outback bumper fit the 13 legacy sedan? I found one here on CL that's fairly decent and cheap. I wanted to use that bumper for my "rally" look setup. Anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...
I've been looking for a lightweight crank pulley. I think I've finally found a solution. The 2013+ BRZ pulley looks the same as ours. Can anyone confirm they're the same part number? There are several outfits that make a lightweight crank pulley for the BRZ.

I've been looking for a lightweight crank pulley. I think I've finally found a solution. The 2013+ BRZ pulley looks the same as ours. Can anyone confirm they're the same part number? There are several outfits that make a lightweight crank pulley for the BRZ.

From what I remember it is different. There is a potential group buy on one that will fit if we get enough people.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gauging-interest-5th-gen-light-er-weight-crank-pulley-group-227131.html

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't want to start a new thread, so hopefully this will be a short answer. I'm getting confused on which flywheel is which. Do we have a single mass? Did the previous generation legacy have a dual mass, but the wrx have a single mass? and if you can't tell what I'm getting at, a new clutch is in my future and I will most likely just have my flywheel resurfaced.