LegacyGT.com

07 vs 09 2.5gt

fat_eld

so ive been looking for 4 months for an 09 because i want the hk system but an 07 just popped up 45 minutes away from me with only 33k miles. they are asking 21,300 so i will be working that down but my main questions are: what are the main differences between the years other than the stereo? are they same engines, turbos, etc... any downsides to one over the other? thanks guys

Same everything, 07 was when they came with a few newer things and continued up to 09. Just the exterior is different, Headlights, Taillights, Bumper

Wow, 21k is a bit much though, 17-18k maybe

Correct me if i'm wrong. But I think 05-07 exterior was the same and 08-09 was the refresh exterior.

Correct me if i'm wrong. But I think 05-07 exterior was the same and 08-09 was the refresh exterior.

he said the exterior is different..... hahah

the 09 has more features on the steering wheel as well. 07 was the first year they introduced the Si-drive which they both have. really just the exterior (personally I like the 07 headlights/tail lights more than the 09) is different. otherwise they're the same besides what was mentioned above.

he said the exterior is different..... hahah

the 09 has more features on the steering wheel as well. 07 was the first year they introduced the Si-drive which they both have. really just the exterior (personally I like the 07 headlights/tail lights more than the 09) is different. otherwise they're the same besides what was mentioned above.

Don't know what I was thinking. Carry on!

Nice! I have the 07 as well, love it! Mine had around 55k miles when I bought it, hitting about 70k now. Yours has super low miles, that's awesome.

When you say all season, do you need snow tires as well. I was a huge fan of the DWS, until the last car I bought (which I already posted about in this section). The DWS are soooooo soft and bouncing, mountain road driving sucks. The DW is far better, more traction, less roll, less bounce. Really nice tire, but I can tell won't last anywhere near the mileage that Conti says. I'll be sticking with the DW going forward.

As other people will say, get a summer (dry/wet like the DW) and if you need a snow tire, get them separate and swap them every season.

For DWS's you add 5 psi big difference.

FWIW, I like the radio in my 05 better then my 09 Spec B. I think the HK has to much hiss.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Archived