LegacyGT.com

2005+ LGT Questions

android25ua

Hey guys,

Im looking to buy one with a 5speed manual tranny. I've been reading a lot on the subject and I have a couple concerns:

1. The turbos. Is it true that the stock ones are prone to fail and furtherafter scrap the engine? If so what mileage is that to be expected at and are there any early signs?

2. I also read about the stutter issue on those cars and as far as I can work out from this forum that an be fixed with an access port from Cobb? Does that mean running stage 1?

3. I would imagine the leaking head gasket issue on cars pre-2004 (ej252) did not affect turbo engines (ej255?) in newer turbo Legacys?

4. I am coming from a Legacy GT MY00... So aside from the things I pointed out above, it's just regular car inspection, or are there any other aspects of the car requiring additional attention?

Thanks in advance!

I'm more worried about my 5-speed that has been rebuilt 4 times and now 4th gear sycnro is going again, then my oem turbo with 141,000+ miles on it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
I'm more worried about my 5-speed that has been rebuilt 4 times and now 4th gear sycnro is going again, then my oem turbo with 141,000+ miles on it.

wow, 4 tranny replacements, I havent heard about that as a big problem. Im stock tranny at 43k miles and stg 2 for 12k and no probs yet, knock on wood. Do you drive it that hard? why so many trannies? :spin:

Archived