LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

i know how eager you are to get ur mods up and running and tuned, but david's work is well worth the wait.... i would suggest waiting it out and keeping it off your mind, if thats even possible LOL...

the stuff i heard and read about IPT is fail fail fail... plus they over charge, wouldn't you wanna save 200 bucks at the cost of not having mods?

i know how eager you are to get ur mods up and running and tuned, but david's work is well worth the wait.... i would suggest waiting it out and keeping it off your mind, if thats even possible LOL...

the stuff i heard and read about IPT is fail fail fail... plus they over charge, wouldn't you wanna save 200 bucks at the cost of not having mods?

i think the problem with me was i cant wait...lol, i hv my forged engine with DOM3 XTR already re-built. am desperate for my tranny to be fixed cos my stock GB can hold/slip at 320whp.

i am waiting eagerly for david's 08 VB once he's ready to produce for us 08 LGT. but for now, i cant seem to wait. how can anyone wait too in my position ? lol

• Mega Users
Dude, seriously, if you must do something, then have them build your transmission without the valvebody. Your ipt vb will he worth nothing more than a stock one. You are wasting your money on the vb. Just try not to shift under heavy throttle, or just let your trans burn up and then have ipt build it.

If a trans outright slips at 430whp, then it will wear out a tad slower at 400 or whatever. There is nothing black and white about what a 5eat can handle. There is no magic number above which you are screwed and below which you are safe. It is gray and uncertain. I've seen many instances of two people with the same setup have different trans lifespans.

It's just like engines. People get 100k miles at 400whp. People get 50k at 300whp.

It wouldn't hurt to stop trying to rationalize things, and stick to the fundamentals.

More line pressure = less wear and more grip.

More torque = shorter trans life.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

So i got my dyno yesterday... 265whp, and 321 ft/lbs torque.. overall im happy but my whp was expected to be higher, tuner claimed the induction hose, and not deleting my TGU's are part of my issue, after those mods, hes confident at 300WHP... so probably when and if my trans goes, i'll rebuild or possibly do a 5mt/6mt swap, then do those, and get a dyno again.

anyways... For those of you who just got your valve body, and are experiencing the hard rough shifting, hold your panties on the TCU Reset unless its really no issues for you, after about 160 miles, at 10 miles it was pretty rough 1-2, and 2-3... but at about 80 miles, it chopped it in half as far as how many times it happened, about 120 miles, it was about 25% of the time, and now at 160 miles, its very rare for it to happen... your TCU might learn as mine did... also, if you have an ATF cooler, and its cold out, and you dont let your car warm up, this will definitely occur to my knowledge. unless its bad for your transmission (the hard/rough quick shifts) then hold your horses!

I cant say enough how awesome it is though now that its not rough. I mean even then it was cool, but had my nerves on edge cuz it def didnt feel good, but now with my tune, and my vb learned, its boner worthy for me... 321 ft/lbs torque feels awesome, and 265 doesnt sound like much but its def nice... its my first car this fast ive owned. keep up the great work david! your the man

I am glad to hear your TCU learned well, and everything is as it should be.

On the new product testing front, the version I recently sent out for testing is sounding like it is too soft at WOT. The tester said that between 1 and 10, 10 being lightning fast shifting and 1 being dog slow, stock is 3-4 and the test unit is a 7. I want it to be an 8 or 9. At WOT, the F1 is a solid 9.5 in D, 10 in Sport, and I believe there is definitely a place for a softer model, one that is a little more like an OEM release than a race car product. I really want the new VB's Sport mode to feel like the F1's Drive mode, and the test VB's D mode to be pleasant even at WOT. So if you want to rally the car around, flip it into Sport. If you want it to be a little more refined, put it in D. That is the goal, and I am confident I can reach it. For the minority of my customers hitting >400 whp, you have no choice, F1 is the only way to go, or the trans will eat itself.

The final verdict on this test piece is not in yet. TBD.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Sorry to come in late to the party and its a little tough to catch up on 200 pages of info between this thread and the 5eat thread. Have had my GT for almost a year exactly and I'm getting ready to think about what to put some money in to.

To try and get caught up, ClimberD has put together a shift kit for the 05-07 5eat trannys for now and is working on a kit for the 08-09 cars?

If there is one thing I'd like to take care of in my car first its the damn granny upshifts with this transmission.

Thanks for bearing with me

Sorry to come in late to the party and its a little tough to catch up on 200 pages of info between this thread and the 5eat thread. Have had my GT for almost a year exactly and I'm getting ready to think about what to put some money in to.

To try and get caught up, ClimberD has put together a shift kit for the 05-07 5eat trannys for now and is working on a kit for the 08-09 cars?

If there is one thing I'd like to take care of in my car first its the damn granny upshifts with this transmission.

Thanks for bearing with me

You are correct. Now you're caught up :) lol

it does not fix the delay between when you push the button and the shift, but it will make the physical shift much faster. just wanted to put that point out there.

I have noticed with my HexMods VB that if I use the steering wheel buttons vs using the stick to shift there is a difference.

Using the stick, I get an instant shift from 2-3 that the car then tries to rev match or catch up of sorts if I'm at partial throttle. WOT all shifts are super-fast! :wub: Running 23psi on Ethanol!

I love my HexMods VB