LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

The car is actually OK and so were me and my buddy. There are a few scratches under the front lip that I am going to try to buff out and use the touch up paint on. I was approved for paint for it but I'd rather use the whole check for the wheels/tires since you can't really see the scratches unless you are on your hands and knees looking under the front of the car. The alignment is OK and the ride seems just fine. Still getting it checked this week to be safe.

Agreed, life and limb are more important. As soon as it happened, I was able to coast off to the side and aviod anything else. It was 12:15AM so traffic was minimal as well.

Why don't you East Coast boys come out here to the West (I did from Columbus)!? Beautiful mountains, sunny/clear days, less congestion. The only downside is the thin air for the turbos. I see you all have your fav pin up girl for the avatar's. Denver/Boulder's been ranked as the best city to live in for singles. We're full of young professionals. Come out!

Sorry, for the brief digression.

^ Hey now, hey now! :lol:

Being a born-and-bred (actually, I was born - and lived - in Taipei, Taiwan, for the first nine years of my life) "East-Coast boy," I routeinly make fun of my baby "Midwestern Girl."

Now one-and-a-half, she loves to stand on our living room sofa, and demand that I raise the blinds over our picture-window so that she can look outside.

When this happens near the start of her bed-time routine, I'd tell her that I can't raise the blinds anymore, for since she lives in the midwest, "even outside closes, and it closes at 6 PM, Eastern."

:lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

:) Sorry to have gotten this thread even more OT. :redface::)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Okay, so Ohio doesn't have endless things to do like the East Coast (but likely much more than you think), no one would ever call it a shit hole. That's besides the point though. As in the words of Jim Morrison, "The West is the Best." Alright, done being off topic!

Okay, so Ohio doesn't have endless things to do like the East Coast (but likely much more than you think), no one would ever call it a shit hole.

^ Totally true. It's not like living in "the big cities" out East, but there *is* a semblance of night-life for the young and hip, and there is a lot to be said about having a family in these less-hectic surroundings, too.

But back on-topic :redface: , I've gotta say, in all my years in NE-Ohio, with its own rather notorious potholes, I've yet to witness that kind of wheel-destruction! :eek:

Thanks guys. it's nice to stop thinking about the wheels and the high property taxes I'm paying instead! LOL. In any case, I'm happy in Jersey, sure there are things I hate, but I think there are things everyone hates about the place they live. So that said, the new wheels should be in late this week/early next. I'll be sure to post pics when they are on. Have H-techs going on too.

Man, I've heard jersey sucks. True?

Don't get me started on NJ roads. :mad: 18s look soooo good on the LGT but next year I still think I'm going for some 17 x 8. I need some meat on the rims. That's why I replaced that stocker tires (they suck) for some 225/45/17. 225 > 215.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

^^^ the 2nd month I owned this car, a NY pothole blew-out the pass. front OE tire. I now run 225/45/17's and they feel better. but then again, it's compared to the crap OE's.

now I live in a state with smoother roads, but still not sure if I should go 18's.

oh, do they look so good.

Similar thing happened to me here in SoCal too. The city was repaving a road I frequently travel home on, and there is this bridge by a golf course. The pavement was ground about 2-3" from the concrete bridge and I pinched the side wall of the tire on the edge of the bridge. Had a nice gash in the tire. This is after having the car for 2 weeks!! Needless to say I was pissed. But, the stock spec-b wheel didn't have a mark on it anywhere on the edge. The tire shop and I looked to make sure it wasn't cracked when I had the new tire put on, and all was well from then on.

First time actually spending time looking thru this thread, WOW!!! Some of you guys have some really nice rims, I'm getting a lot of good ideas from all the pics here...:spin:

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

• 1 month later...