LegacyGT.com

2006 legacy is much safer than an 05

2ezee

dont worry about the damn 05 saving money when u are going to die in them if hit from the side. the 06 was extensively redesigned(even though it looks like an 05 ) for crash worthiness.

iihs.com

ilhs.com

nhtsa.com

just a quick something to think about, leave the 05's for the crazy people

We had an extensive discussion about this here http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695 . We had a 1-3 crazy people saying Subaru should issue a recall.

The IIHS side crash results for the 06 is much better than the 05.

If you're a potential buyer, get the 06 without a doubt, I know I would.

Finally, you should give Subaru credit for actually making safety improvements on the next model instead of thumbing their noses like a significant number of other car companies that use the "Ohh we passed or got 5-stars in the NHTSA, government low-standard and simple, tests".

I keed I keeed

great link on detailed report from the iihs site.

seems even the 05 holds it own compared to other manufacturers. So the 06 is a great improvement, but the 05 is not such a deathtrap.

I just like getting a rush out of people :icon_bigg

Is there a point to this thread? This has already been discussed ad naseum. I fail to see the logic in an argument that is premised on the notion that a new year with a few redesigns for safety somehow relegates the previous year to a death wish. If you really want to be safe, don't drive. Driving is inherently dangerous no matter what you drive, it's just we don't think about it because it's a necessity for almost everyone. The problem really isn't that cars aren't safe enough, it's the drivers. We seem to be content in this country to give anyone drivers licenses regardless of whether they can actually drive or not. As a pilot, it amazes me that aviation is obesessed with safety, while the majority of the driving public could care less about even using a turn signal. I guess it's no wonder that it is thousands of times safer to fly than to drive.

You guys should have bought a volvo. I would have loved to be able to buy my legacy gt even if it didn't have any airbags if it was 2-3 grand cheaper. Side impact airbags are useful, but the front airbags are useless if you wear your seat belt.

*ahem...even volvo is having safety issues these days

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=265

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

dont worry about the damn 05 saving money when u are going to die in them if hit from the side. the 06 was extensively redesigned(even though it looks like an 05 ) for crash worthiness.

iihs.com

ilhs.com

nhtsa.com

just a quick something to think about, leave the 05's for the crazy people

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/troll.gif

You guys should have bought a volvo. I would have loved to be able to buy my legacy gt even if it didn't have any airbags if it was 2-3 grand cheaper. Side impact airbags are useful, but the front airbags are useless if you wear your seat belt.

I can only conclude that you have never had the pleasure of an accident requiring the front airbags.

Archived