LegacyGT.com

Am i missing anything before I get a dyno tune?

CTATV

Ok guys, I have an 06 spec.b.

Currently have a gredy Evo2 catback and a stage I off the shelf tune with my access port. in the near future im going to flash stage 2 with catless up pipe and down pipe.

by fall I am adding a perrin TMIC and an AEM CAI. since its a lot of money to get a dyno tune, is there anything else im not thinking of here that would be worth investing in before I get my dyno tune? may snag a GFB hybrid BOV but that really doesnt effect power or the tune right? just looking for some guidance so i can start researching parts if there are others I need to get.

if you want to invest in a dyno tune, might as well do a larger injectors fp and turbo. Otherwise I would just flash to stage 2 and ditch the cai. I was told that cobb maps and intakes cause your car to run lean. and as long as you bov is recirc, it wont affect a tune

yeah i want to stay on the stock turbo for now... LGT-NY got a good deal above AP stage II on his stock turbo... I dont think i need injectors on the stock turbo though right

if you want to get an E85 or high octane map while you are getting tuned I'd say you need the FP and Injector upgraded. if you aren't interested in E85 or race gas tune then you should be fine with stock setup on the stock turbo. FWIW I have an AEM CAI and have zero issues with the Cobb ots Stg2 map.. I'm not sure about your mileage but if you need to get your plugs replaced you could go with one step colder.. IMO you don't need the BOV since stock is just fine.. spending that 100 bucks on something else..

if you want to get an E85 or high octane map while you are getting tuned I'd say you need the FP and Injector upgraded. if you aren't interested in E85 or race gas tune then you should be fine with stock setup on the stock turbo. FWIW I have an AEM CAI and have zero issues with the Cobb ots Stg2 map.. I'm not sure about your mileage but if you need to get your plugs replaced you could go with one step colder.. IMO you don't need the BOV since stock is just fine.. spending that 100 bucks on something else..

yeah I know the blowoff valve has no power increase related to it I really just want that cause i like the way it sounds... whats "FP"

^^^so you think...CTATV i would also look into a grimmspeed EBCS, just allows for more boost control and less WGDC (Wastegate Duty Cycle). some colder plugs would also help maximize your setup. PM Josh at ImportImage for those two things, there inexpensive and definatly worth it.

^^^so you think...CTATV i would also look into a grimmspeed EBCS, just allows for more boost control and less WGDC (Wastegate Duty Cycle). some colder plugs would also help maximize your setup. PM Josh at ImportImage for those two things, there inexpensive and definatly worth it.

yeah i will I have worked with josh before i always go there first for parts

a dynotune is worth it...

dave

thanks, I have to agree with you...

so at this point we are thinking EBCS probably a good idea

injectors and fuel pump really make a difference on a stock turbo???

he hasnt been on much, did he have injectors, fuel pump, or boost controler? I know you had him right around 300 at the wheels on the stock turbo...

whats the gain from the prodrive solenoid

his car is nice Ive ridden in it up at bear mountain

Archived