LegacyGT.com

5 1/2 weeks, still no new engine!!!!!

im so frustrated!!! i posted here th day i bought my car, and the same day my engine blew!! the car is getting a new engine, complete with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty....thats all great-but i was told it would be 3-4 weeks....i called to check on my car yesterday, and the engine hasnt even shipped yet!!!!! im going to maje 2 car payments before i even drive my car!!!!!!!!! sorry just annoyed. car will be done by end of january i was promised by dealer...:mad::mad::mad:

That's BS.

When I ordered my EJ257 from my local dearler, I had it in a few day's. Call Subaru of America.

It's not like the factory doesn't have any engines.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's good though, take it back and take it a independent shop that knows Subarus and will not make mistake's and will do it right.

If it's a great shop and they know what they are doing, you don't need a warranty

Try a Tuner shop or a Subaru only type of shop

Last place I'll take it for something that big is the dealer, they want your car out a.s.a.p. What happens when you rush something? You miss and forget something.

Good luck with your car but I would really take it back now and go elsewhere before you owe them $

You don't have to go to the dealer, it's 8 years old

That's good though, take it back and take it a independent shop that knows Subarus and will not make mistake's and will do it right.

If it's a great shop and they know what they are doing, you don't need a warranty

Try a Tuner shop or a Subaru only type of shop

Last place I'll take it for something that big is the dealer, they want your car out a.s.a.p. What happens when you rush something? You miss and forget something.

Good luck with your car but I would really take it back now and go elsewhere before you owe them $

You don't have to go to the dealer, it's 8 years old

its at the dealer o got it from,its not a subaru dealer, its a very large used car dealer. i dont want to post dealer name because i know it isnt dealers fault. they ordered engine, it hasnt shipped yet....

For reference, may be contact Ryan at Fred Beans in the Vendor forum link up top and ask him how long it normally takes.

I think a few day's would be the answer.

Are they buying a long block or short block ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Did it have a extended Warranty from SOA, or third party? some warranties have a 30 day wait period before you can claim, I waited alot longer then 5 1/2 weeks, but in the end, brand new Long block, turbo, over 8K in parts

Did it have a extended Warranty from SOA, or third party? some warranties have a 30 day wait period before you can claim, I waited alot longer then 5 1/2 weeks, but in the end, brand new Long block, turbo, over 8K in parts

im not sure on the warranty, but the total you said is my toal-$8200 to be exact. i am getting anew turbo, longblock, etc....i guess i got my answer. thank you, im happy its a new engine, but the wait sucks...

im not sure on the warranty, but the total you said is my toal-$8200 to be exact. i am getting anew turbo, longblock, etc....i guess i got my answer. thank you, im happy its a new engine, but the wait sucks...

That is the exact amount mine was without labor. I have a 2 page invoice

You may want to ask them to grease the starter shaft while it's out so it won't hang up like most of them do when its cold out.

Are you having a new clutch put in also or is your car an automatic ?

You may want to ask them to grease the starter shaft while it's out so it won't hang up like most of them do when its cold out.

Are you having a new clutch put in also or is your car an automatic ?

5at, i will ask them to grease the starter shaft, didnt think of that. what about the gas? i just filled it up before it happened, it has a full tank of 93...

Gas will be fine. My wagon sat for 5 months in 2011, the car started right up and ran fine.

thanks that was my only worry. they know to run engine for 20-30 mins, and do an oil change, then im going to get one around 300 miles...

then ill switch to a synthetic...by that time i should decide which 1 is best, i have read 100 different oils that either work or blow up our engines on here...:confused:

I ran castrol GTX 5w-30 for the first 1500-2000 miles before I went to Amsoil European 5W-40.

Shell Rotella t6 and Castrol Synthic would be my next choices.

thanks that was my only worry. they know to run engine for 20-30 mins, and do an oil change, then im going to get one around 300 miles...

then ill switch to a synthetic...by that time i should decide which 1 is best, i have read 100 different oils that either work or blow up our engines on here...:confused:

What brand is not as important as the oil & filter protects for the OCI your going to run. In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use whatever oil & filter that will protect for the OCI's your running. OA's is the only way you know that your oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Is this the one from georges trading post in scottsdale? i remember seeing that on cars.com. You probably arent complaining enough.

that is the one....had a few scratches that are normal for an 8 year old car, car was in great shape, underside solid, etc....only issue i saw were the front 2 door panels need replaced because the handle was coming off panel...

That's the reason I asked originally, they're only 30 minutes from my front door. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

They sell a ton of nice Subarus though. Most of them have some sort of body damage, but their prices are decent.

That's the reason I asked originally, they're only 30 minutes from my front door. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

They sell a ton of nice Subarus though. Most of them have some sort of body damage, but their prices are decent.

car only had 47k when i bought it, has every option i can think of, uge sunroof, heated wipers, leather, etc...

only body damage was scratches on drivers side side skirt, and drivers side front bumper....deep scratches, but some sanding and filler will fix it. door panels in front need replaced because handles are really loose, and one was screwed by old owner, so i want to relace them with 2 nice ones.

if you wanna help me install door panels, id take the help:)

I meant with going down there and threatening their lives to get our car finished. Sounds fishy to me them taking 6 weeks to get this done...

Are you local to the area too? If so I'd help with some of the work in my spare time, but I need a hand with some stuff too ;)

Archived