LegacyGT.com

Just Test Drove an '08 5EAT

I would first like to point out that I drive an '01 LGT and when I went to the dealer today I fell in love with the '08. It is definitely a sexy beast. Wasn't to into the interior color but that's what they had there. The salesman let me and my two friends take it out with no plates and no license, he was just like don't get caught speeding....lol. But anyway the car is really amazing, If I had 30K to just throw down I would have traded mine in right then and there. Never drove a turbo before today and I absolutely love it, after we took it out for like an hour and half and got back in my '01 it just felt like we were going so damn slow... I haven't driven an '07 but I may just to see if there is any major difference, any input would be appreciated on what to expect if anything. Love the feel of the engine and the slapstick + paddle shifters + turbo = muy fun. I was contemplating driving the specB to see how it drives but I didn't want to hurt it...lol I've only driven stick a couple times on a miata and like once on an audi A3 so i wasn't sure how easy it is to get into it. But I'm sure its as much fun as the 5EAt if not alot more. The '08 just feels great, the brakes were amazing, pickup is crazy especially over a 165 hp non turbo '01 LGT, the interior is very well done, wasn't too crazy over the empty space over the radio where the NAV goes, I would prob rather see a double din there but thats just me. The stock sound system was pretty good, but I really did get a good chance to listen cause i had the volume at 0 for about an hour and 29 mins out of the hour and half cause i couldn't get enough of the engine. Love the sound of reving the engine down. I took this baby out on the highway and couldn't stop passing people.

I really did not want to head back to the dealer but eventually i had to, :icon_cry:

So yea this car was an amazing drive and first impression just wondering everyone's thoughts and if anyone had any problems yet, hoping not, Overall great car so far, I love this car so much, but I don't know if I'm willing to trade in my '01, i've become so attached to it...

Ok well i'm done babbling on just looking for some input/discussion about the '08 5EAT LGT.

Thanks,

-Tim:cool:

Archived