LegacyGT.com

Legecy GT detail from this weekend...

Here is a Subaru Legacy GT we did this weekend. The first thing we did was remove some pin striping, which was a breeze with Oil Flo. Then I polished it using Swirl Abolisher I. After the polish I topped it off with Danase Wet Glaze.

Sorry the pics are not the best. It was raining and snowing so I could not pull the car out of the garage to take full car shots.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4163/img2749kl4.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/995/img2747gb1.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6370/img2746cm8.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/3420/img2743xv8.jpg

is that a kawi 250 on the backround?

man i had so much fun on one of those!

i had a kawi ninja 250

gsxr 750

cbr 600

gsxr 600

guess which one i loved the best? the 250!!!

why? i dunno, it was so much fun to fling around... guess its fun to go fast on a slow bike than go slow on a fast bike...

How did you like that butter they call paint that Subaru puts on the cars? Nice and soft, eh? I've put swirls in my LGT with microfiber while buffing Wolfgang off before. lol That stuff is worthless. Great job on that car!! It may be in a garage, but with the lights you have on it I'm sure we would see the defects if they were there.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

is that a kawi 250 on the backround?

man i had so much fun on one of those!

i had a kawi ninja 250

gsxr 750

cbr 600

gsxr 600

guess which one i loved the best? the 250!!!

why? i dunno, it was so much fun to fling around... guess its fun to go fast on a slow bike than go slow on a fast bike...

Yeah, that's my bike (2000 250). I bought it last year and did not get to ride it much. I'm actually on my way to the garage to do an oil change on it from sitting all winter. I love it so far. I'm looking to hit up some track time on it just to get more bike experience. I'll be looking at GSXR 600's next year or the end of this year. I really wanted another Kawi or Yamaha but I went to the International Motorcycle show this year and sat on 100 bikes and the Suzukis and Hondas fit me the best. I love Hondas but they are a little more pricey and harder to find used.

rear2.jpg.2d6e6a9153eea4566f0e078a2d6ff562.jpg

How did you like that butter they call paint that Subaru puts on the cars? Nice and soft, eh? I've put swirls in my LGT with microfiber while buffing Wolfgang off before. lol That stuff is worthless. Great job on that car!! It may be in a garage, but with the lights you have on it I'm sure we would see the defects if they were there.

Yeah, we have a 2006 Impreza Wagon and it's so nice to polish but a pain to keep that way. LOL Thanks man! My garage is filled with fluorescents and white walls so the light tells a fairly true tale for sure.

Call it curing or call it gassing out, that type of hazing is usually present when a last step product (LSP) has been applied. It will look cloudy for several hours or until the first wash and then it goes away. I've noticed that some products do that until the oils evaporate, but Wet Glaze shouldn't have any of those since it is recommended for use prior to a sealant or a wax. I usually use it on top of a sealant since I don't want to risk improper bonding. The word 'glaze' just worries me I guess. lol Anyway, the sort of haze that Wet Glaze leaves disappears after a day or so.

edit: for example, you can see a bit of haze on the back of this Range Rover I did the other day. Look where the sun is reflecting. Then look at the next picture where it is fairly obvious that there isn't any haze from the polishing present. That cloudiness is just from the Wet Glaze (same product I used on the Range) and it goes away pretty quick.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/d0f8e9f4.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/9ae2d5d6.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/68e452ff.jpg It is all in the surface, angle, and lighting.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah, that's my bike (2000 250). I bought it last year and did not get to ride it much. I'm actually on my way to the garage to do an oil change on it from sitting all winter. I love it so far. I'm looking to hit up some track time on it just to get more bike experience. I'll be looking at GSXR 600's next year or the end of this year. I really wanted another Kawi or Yamaha but I went to the International Motorcycle show this year and sat on 100 bikes and the Suzukis and Hondas fit me the best. I love Hondas but they are a little more pricey and harder to find used.

that looks so sweet :wub: how much did you pay?

watch youre going to miss that bike! i used to outcarve all my friends with their high dollar bikes... the little thing inspires confidence!

i fell into the presuure from all the asshats poking fun of the cc size.... im going to get another soon as i have some extra cash.

that looks so sweet :wub: how much did you pay?

watch youre going to miss that bike! i used to outcarve all my friends with their high dollar bikes... the little thing inspires confidence!

i fell into the presuure from all the asshats poking fun of the cc size.... im going to get another soon as i have some extra cash.

I got it for $1200. It was about the 4th one I tried buying! Every time I'd find one the seller would flake out on me or sell it before I could get there. I actually found this one a week before heading on our yearly fishing trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It was about 1-2 hours north of me and right on the way up north!

Truthfully I'd love to keep this bike and either use it as a slow track bike or keep it as my daily and find a torn up bigger bike for track days. So far I haven't had anyone poke fun, I thought for sure I would but knock on wood all of the local sportbike guys on detroitsportbikes.com and the locals have been cool about it.

I just changed the oil, filter and flushed my coolant and put in some 7th Gear coolant that is track legal.

Let me know if you end up getting one! The 2008's are freaking killer! I wish we we didn't have that "bigger is better" complex in the states because there are so many sweet 250's from other manufacturers that we don't get here in the states.

Sweet that gives me a good idea of how my OBP LGT should turn out. Looks very nice Bob!

Thanks!

And I haven't forgotten about you. I'll still waiting to see when a couple of things are going to fall to see when I'll have time for your car.

I got it for $1200. It was about the 4th one I tried buying! Every time I'd find one the seller would flake out on me or sell it before I could get there. I actually found this one a week before heading on our yearly fishing trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It was about 1-2 hours north of me and right on the way up north!

Truthfully I'd love to keep this bike and either use it as a slow track bike or keep it as my daily and find a torn up bigger bike for track days. So far I haven't had anyone poke fun, I thought for sure I would but knock on wood all of the local sportbike guys on detroitsportbikes.com and the locals have been cool about it.

I just changed the oil, filter and flushed my coolant and put in some 7th Gear coolant that is track legal.

Let me know if you end up getting one! The 2008's are freaking killer! I wish we we didn't have that "bigger is better" complex in the states because there are so many sweet 250's from other manufacturers that we don't get here in the states.

its all your fault!!!!

i went to kawasaki yesterday to look at the 250's and i didnt know they redid them!!!

now i have an application for a loan on one! lol

its all your fault!!!!

i went to kawasaki yesterday to look at the 250's and i didnt know they redid them!!!

now i have an application for a loan on one! lol

You didn't know they redid the 250's?! Arn't they sweet?!??! You;d never know it was a 250 just walking past it either. I sat on one at the 2008 International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI and loved it. I'd honestly look at a 2008+ 250 just because of the styling and price. For under $4K you get a fun little machine that gets killer gas mileage.

Did you really apply for one? If so you HAVE to keep me posted on it!

We need to start some sort of 250 racing league or meet-up at some tracks. I don't see many in my neck of the woods because everyone has larger bikes. I'm looking to do my first track day in the next couple of months. I got everything I need to hit a track up finally and I'm nervous like crazy. LOL

We charged just under $150 for the pin stripe removal and paint restoration.

Sounds about right. I probably wouldn't have touched the pin stripe removal though. Sometimes things like that bite me in the ass and take three hours longer than I thought it would and I end up making $15 bucks an hour. lol

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sounds about right. I probably wouldn't have touched the pin stripe removal though. Sometimes things like that bite me in the ass and take three hours longer than I thought it would and I end up making $15 bucks an hour. lol

Had the car been older I probably would of charged more. It was a little p.i.t.a. but I took my time and heated up the striping and slowly peeled it off and my wife followed with a towel and Oil Flo to remove the residue.

Where in michigan are you? I have family a little north of detroit, and I have some water spots...random swirls to take out. I may drive once if you are close by. Judging with the pics of the black car, my white car should be great looking.

If I don't drive up anytime soon, that Swirl Remover I should take out waterspots in the paint?

(And before all the talk of vinegar starts up...I have tried everything short of polishing the car to take out the water spots).

You can send me a PM to take this out of the thread.

You didn't know they redid the 250's?! Arn't they sweet?!??! You;d never know it was a 250 just walking past it either. I sat on one at the 2008 International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI and loved it. I'd honestly look at a 2008+ 250 just because of the styling and price. For under $4K you get a fun little machine that gets killer gas mileage.

Did you really apply for one? If so you HAVE to keep me posted on it!

We need to start some sort of 250 racing league or meet-up at some tracks. I don't see many in my neck of the woods because everyone has larger bikes. I'm looking to do my first track day in the next couple of months. I got everything I need to hit a track up finally and I'm nervous like crazy. LOL

ya i had clue, year after year it never changed so i was surprised.

i got approved but theyre trying to jack me on the rate.... :spin:

i might just pick one when i get my mid year bonus...

Where in michigan are you? I have family a little north of detroit, and I have some water spots...random swirls to take out. I may drive once if you are close by. Judging with the pics of the black car, my white car should be great looking.

If I don't drive up anytime soon, that Swirl Remover I should take out waterspots in the paint?

(And before all the talk of vinegar starts up...I have tried everything short of polishing the car to take out the water spots).

You can send me a PM to take this out of the thread.

I am just south of Detroit in Wyandotte, MI

Water sports are iffy. If they have not etched the paint or etched it deep the Swirl Abolisher polishes should do the trick. We are actually in the middle of making a water spot remover as we speak. It's going to eb geared toward professional use because it is acidic and you really have to be careful with the way you use it but it works awesome.

Archived