LegacyGT.com

xm satilite hook up

So I got my 06 spec. B and I was looking at it it has xm installed on the original cd player. I am guessing it may be a silent cd but I am not sure. It has the two hook ups for the power, thats hooked up to one of the slave fuses down on the driver side fuse box and the 2.5mm audio input. anyone else seen this type of hook up? I know if it is a silent cd i can get a 2.5 to 3.5 conversion and probably hook a aux input to it. :) save me 115.00 dollars and some wiring on the aux input made by leptronix.

• I Donated Too
I've read this a couple of times. Struggling with what you're saying. What's a 2.5 to 3.5 conversion, did someone only put a 2.5mm audio jack on the HU already? Surely a conversion would just be a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter? Any pictures of this nonsense you've found by the fuse box...

i can get pictures up next week. Basicly they power it using a cigerette lighter plug 12v that is wired to a ground and the fuse box. ill be able to take it apart next week and post pictures up to show you the old school style xm wires.

Im just trying to figure out how the hell they were playing it through the deck if there is no aux input? It doesnt make much sense the way that it is slaped in under the shifter bezel.

Oh yea I made an oops, when I wanted to hook up forester led lights i got from the subaru dealer. I hooked it up straight to the lighter outlet wires i did this by striping back some of the plastic on the wire. and had a switch for them in the glove compartment. Now I have feed back on my speakers. yay!

Archived