LegacyGT.com

08 LGT Air leak at TGV

I have a 08 LGT 75k miles. Intake/TGVs have never been removed. During an instructional lesson with a smoke machine the other day I found two leaks. I was a bit shocked that I had two leaks coming from the TGVs. Upon further inspection I found the small cover plates with the two screws to be leaking.

The machine I was using runs at 10PSI however with air leaking through the open exhaust valves some pressure is lost of course. The smoke was evident almost immediately upon activation of the machine. This leak might explain a rough idle at cold start up. I have since tested my boost levels and found I am off between 1-1.5psi from where I am normally.

Just wanted to put this out there and see if there are any other confirmed cases of leaking TGV plates and inform others of a potential common issue.

I was planning a TGV delete mod over X-Mass break so I will let you all know what I find in about 6 weeks.

I found out while getting an infamous tune that I also had this leak on the passenger side. I used some JB weld to seal it up and so far so good. I'm going to be sealing up the drivers side too as a preventive measure as soon as I have a good 24 hours that I don't need to drive (it takes up to 24 hours for JB weld to properly set.)

Archived