LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Wagon Catback question

I have an 06 LGT Wagon with Invidia DP, PerrinTMIC, UpPipe, and Perrin BOV. I am going to upgrade the turbo and need more flow from the CatBack, looking for a Catback and can not find one other the the OBX that is made for the wagon. Am told that the OBX is kind of loud. Just looking for slight rumble and more flow. The stock Sedan mufflers are different then the wagon....am also told that sedan mufflers could be used but outlet needs to be lengthened....any help would be greatly appreciated....

You don't have many choices. I believe GReddy makes a wagon specific version (SP2?) as well but I don't think it's in production. The only other wagon specific is Strömung which isn't in production either.

As you've already figured out, the sedan exhausts fit fine. If the short muffler tips bug you have them lengthened at an exhaust shop. ;)

Here's a thread for you...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wagon-cbe-options-137295.html

There are quite a few other threads. Learn to use the search function here and you'll find all the info you'll ever need or want to know about these cars. Seriously.

Cheers!

You can also just order new tips for the wagons mufflers from the dealer. I beleive the tip lenght is the only difference.

I have my muffler deletes from the 05 wagon on my 09 Spec B, the only change the muffler shop made was to shorten the tips.

If you have a catted DP you may be able to go without mufflers.

My Spec is at Cobb stage 1 without mufflers, but stock exhaust. It sounds pretty good.

My 05 is catless, with just the stock resinator and stock mufflers with a 3/8" gap between the Y pipe and mufflers. I couldn't see spending the (big) money for a bigger mid pipe and Y pipe just for a few HP.

If your set on a bigger pipe's, I sure a muffler shop can fab something up with some magna flows or may put a bullet style muffler under the car with nice pipes to the back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In my case I'm not sure the larger/better flow exhaust is worth the fairly annoying 83hz drone. You can't sound deaden it- it's just too low frequency and too loud. The PO added larger tips which evidently made it better but really, I'm not a huge fan. It's nice to hear the engine but not constantly and to the detriment of everything else.

I have a Invidia Catless Downpipe on my 05 wagon with a 08 sedan stock cat back. I had to get the tips lengthened to not get the cabin smell. I did have the washers done in the car but decided to take the washers out when I put in my 3" perrin mid and y pipe with resonator. The car is not as loud as it was with the washers but it does have a deeper tone.

Edit: Another reason why I decided to run stock cans is because I do have my Tial 38mm EWG and piping sitting around to put on. So when I want it to be loud I can just go WOT.

In my case I'm not sure the larger/better flow exhaust is worth the fairly annoying 83hz drone. You can't sound deaden it- it's just too low frequency and too loud. The PO added larger tips which evidently made it better but really, I'm not a huge fan. It's nice to hear the engine but not constantly and to the detriment of everything else.

Yeah, the wagon isn't a great platform for a loud exhaust. It's just a big echo chamber.

Archived