LegacyGT.com

Cargo net install instructions?

crash

I highly recommend you make an appointment with your dealer. Cargo net installations should not be attempted by non-professionals.

Improper cargo net installation may result in cargo shifting around a bit when you take corners. It may come to pass that you might load stuff on the right hand side of the cargo area, but when you go to retrieve it after driving some distance, it may be on the left! Madness. Don't risk it, be safe.

<long pause>

C'mon dude, are you serious? It only has four attachment points which clearly go around the funny round-shaped things that look like they're designed to be cargo net anchors. Do you need instructions on how to use the cupholders as well? :)

I highly recommend you make an appointment with your dealer. Cargo net installations should not be attempted by non-professionals.

Improper cargo net installation may result in cargo shifting around a bit when you take corners. It may come to pass that you might load stuff on the right hand side of the cargo area, but when you go to retrieve it after driving some distance, it may be on the left! Madness. Don't risk it, be safe.

<long pause>

C'mon dude, are you serious? It only has four attachment points which clearly go around the funny round-shaped things that look like they're designed to be cargo net anchors. Do you need instructions on how to use the cupholders as well? :)

Apparently you are not aware of the side and seatback cargo nets that require drilling to mount..

:rolleyes:

Yup, you got me. I had no idea one needed to drill mounts to install a cargo net. I retract my sarcasm :)

re: drilling holes to mount a cargo net...I guess you have to be pretty serious about securing your crap to make that much of a production out of it.

You're only drilling through the plastic trims below the windows, and the positioning is by eye. The trick is to make sure you have drill stops for the pilot hole and the 1/2 in hole used to receive those buttons. The cargo nets are not meant to restrain outboard motors or Neapolitan mastiffs, just grocery bags or the like, so the load on them isn't very high.

You're only drilling through the plastic trims below the windows, and the positioning is by eye. The trick is to make sure you have drill stops for the pilot hole and the 1/2 in hole used to receive those buttons. The cargo nets are not meant to restrain outboard motors or Neapolitan mastiffs, just grocery bags or the like, so the load on them isn't very high.

I installed the side cargo nets and it is quite easy. The instructions came on a little piece of paper together with the net. The hole positions for the anchor points are marked on the side panels. You have to look really closely though.... the side panel is a slightly raised texture. At the marked anchor points just below the glass window, you can see two smooth spots about 1/8" in diameter.

Picture Gallery

Can anyone post these up in PDF form?

Thanks!

wheww!!! at first I thought you were an idiot and did not deserve the car you ride in, but then I also remembered the side cargo nets. let us know how you like them.

I end up taking the back one down more then I use it so that would be agood comprimise.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'll tell you the honest reasoning behind all of this:

I took the cargo net out of my 2000 2.5 RS and I'd love to be able to use it...

So do the side and rear cargonets come with speed nuts for the attachment points are are there already threaded recepticals behind the plastic that you drill through?

Thanks!

I did that as that kit fits the STi so I took it out of the STi and used it on the Sedan hooks so now I have the trunk nice and tidy and an aditional space to keep junk in the armrest/glove compartment to a minimum.

Anyone want pics?

So do the side and rear cargonets come with speed nuts for the attachment points are are there already threaded recepticals behind the plastic that you drill through?

There is nothing behind the plastic. The little attachments that come with the Legacy cargo nets are designed so that as you tighten them down the part behind the plastic expands. Its kind of like a drywall anchor.

Ok, so I had a cargo net in my 98 Impreza, I used it until I had no trunk (Audio system). So, I asked the parts guy at the dealer for a cargo net for the legacy sedan.... He starts pecking away at the computer and with a slight look of surprize says he can't find one for the sedan, just the wagon. So, I shruged my shoulders and decided that most cargo was just going to get put in the back seat where I can buckel it in. :) So, I get home and locate my old cargo net, guess what, it strings up between the 2 hooks rather nicely in the trunk.

Moral of this lame story, just order the cargo net for the Impreza for you Legacy sedan.

Unless of course, the part guy was wrong and I was a fool for believeing him that there was no cargo net for the Legacy Sedan?

• 7 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived