LegacyGT.com

Wrong tire size!!

pattypat

So I realized today after getting my tires put on yesturday that Tire Barn put the wrong size tire on. They put a 215/40/17 instaead of stock size. Do you think I should call them and get the right size or not worry about it ? Are there any negatives? I know you can get a little more acceleration and a little better handling. I will probably lower the car sooner or later so that should decrease the wheel gap. Its about an inch in overal diameter.

Yea I called Tire Barn told them the problem they told me to bring it by tommorow, the guy asked me how many miles I had put on the tires. I have only put 30 miles on so I hope this isn't a problem .

Should I even worry about it if I'm going to lower the car anyways. I dunno this is tough. Thanks for the help

Checking the Miata tire calc, your spedo will be fast by 3.4%. Which means, when your spedo says you are going 60mph, you'll really be going 57.9mph. If your spedo is off like mine is, that'll mean at 60mph you'll actually be going about 55mph.

So I realized today after getting my tires put on yesturday that Tire Barn put the wrong size tire on. They put a 215/40/17 instaead of stock size. Do you think I should call them and get the right size or not worry about it ? Are there any negatives? I know you can get a little more acceleration and a little better handling. I will probably lower the car sooner or later so that should decrease the wheel gap. Its about an inch in overal diameter.

that's TOO small, you'll end up overloading the tire due to the weight of the car.

Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah took em back now I wish I got the 225/45/17 or 225/40/17 but I'll go with those when I get 18's. It needed to hapeen fast because I blew a tire so I didn't want to ride on the poop tire too long. Yeah tire barn is not the best but if you buy 4 Michelin tires you get free COLTS tix!!!!

Archived