LegacyGT.com

rear camber adjust. at dealer ?

SpecBGuy

noob question, how does the dealer adjust rear camber on our lgt if the only way is to have whiteline joint inserts or control arm kit for adjustment? does the dealer manually pull and tug for adjustment?

also why cant whileline just sell the control arm with out the track arm?:confused:

its sort of a rant:mad: since its PITA to install the inserts and really expensive the the arm kit.

thanks

Rear camber is not adjustable without aftermarket parts. The dealer can't adjust it either.

wtf so Subaru thought no one would need rear camber adjustment / alignment?

Damn damn damn just when I though I didn't have to buy anymore parts.

It isn't meant to be adjustable because there would be no need for a typical owner. Unless you're trying to fit non-stock sized wheels/tires or want to adjust for performance reasons, there's not much need to adjust the camber.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Only toe is adjustable from the factory. WL used to sell the toe and camber arms separately, not sure why they stopped. Actually, not sure if it was WL, but I know FBP used to sell them separately.

For what it's worth, the WL arms provide for a performance improvement in addition to camber adjustment. However, I will qualify this by saying I didn't install the arms until I already had stiff coilovers, and the arms drastically reduced rear deflection under hard cornering, not sure if you'd get the same difference with the average spring/strut setup though.

It isn't meant to be adjustable because there would be no need for a typical owner. Unless you're trying to fit non-stock sized wheels/tires or want to adjust for performance reasons, there's not much need to adjust the camber.

so daily driving under bad road condition, accidentally hitting curbs, pole, what ever people hit wont offset the camber?

so daily driving under bad road condition, accidentally hitting curbs, pole, what ever people hit wont offset the camber?

It's a stamped steel part, if you hit a curb, they remove the bent link and replace it with a new one. way less time and money in that than trying to get it to align on an alignment rack and then having to pull the frame or anything else.

Ever notice why the links are so thin they are almost flimsy? Think of them like a fusible link.

It's a stamped steel part, if you hit a curb, they remove the bent link and replace it with a new one. way less time and money in that than trying to get it to align on an alignment rack and then having to pull the frame or anything else.

Ever notice why the links are so thin they are almost flimsy? Think of them like a fusible link.

makes a lot of sense. i guess ill be driving with uneven camber them :redface: for awhile.

thanks

whiteline makes 2 difference solutions for rear camber adjustment. Aside from the toe/camber arms, they also sell eccentric bolts for the upper lateral links that allow camber adjustment too. they are cheap as well. look at the whiteline KCA399

whiteline makes 2 difference solutions for rear camber adjustment. Aside from the toe/camber arms, they also sell eccentric bolts for the upper lateral links that allow camber adjustment too. they are cheap as well. look at the whiteline KCA399

yeah those are the inserts i was talking about the beginning of thread, how they are PITA to install.

yeah those are the inserts i was talking about the beginning of thread, how they are PITA to install.

I didn't think they were too hard to install. As long as you've got a plan for getting the stock bushings pressed out, it's pretty simple.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived