LegacyGT.com

MY2011 rumors from nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/usercp.php

From a dealer supposedly:

• Because of the extremely poor dollar/yen relationship, expect fewer Japanese Subarus being imported from Japan for the 20ll model year. Word has it that they're losing money on Imprezas, and making very little on Foresters.

• The deal to build Camrys in the Indiana factory ends fairly soon. Expect SOA to ask that Imprezas and Foresters replace that Camry production, probably for the 2012 model year.

• Legacy GT and Forester XT, which are really slow sellers, could be axed.

• 2011 H6 is expected to continue with the 5EAT.

• Scarcity of H6 models likely to continue, as they just can't build that engine fast enough. Demand for that engine has doubled (if not more), over previous comparable model.

• Impreza and Forester should get CVT for 2012 model year.

• Expect very few STIs for 2011 model year because of the dollar/yen situation.

• He didn't expect much of, if any, power bump for the 2011 STI.

• Tribeca lives for MY 2011, but with few if any upgrades. BTW, Russia is biggest Tribeca market!

Thats because all these new Subaru's arent Subaru's anymore, there just rebodied Toyotas.. blaahhh! Makes me want to vomit. I have hope for the 2011's though right now. I hope Subaru doesnt dissapoint at the New York Auto Show.

The LGT needs the 5EAT of even better, a DSSG.

The FXT needs more than a 4EAT (what a joke) and more power. 244hp vs RAV4 with 265.

STI needs a DSSG to compete with the one in the EVO X which is lighting quick.

Tribeca needs more 2nd row leg room and rear entertainment not packaged with Navigation.

Good just what we need, all Subaru models being built in Indiana, because the quality control is so great on the vehicles rolling out of there. :rolleyes:

My '09 Forester XT has been bulletproof since day one, but the '05 Legacy GT I had spent insane amounts of time at the dealership.

^sorry. I knew it was too low. Just not that rediculously low. So roughly 40hp less than the RAV4 which has a 6EAT (I believe).

Actually, power is not a problem on my Forester. Although, I have a 3" diameter catback on it, where the stock exhaust is about a 1.5" diameter exhaust. The transmission also isn't much of a problem, as it is geared aggressively, but fuel mileage is about 18.9 mph with ~90% of the mileage on it is highway driving. I have just about 18,000 miles on the Forester XT right now.

I dunno how reliable this info I got is, but I was talking with one of the local dealerships, the sales guy said the Legacy GT is most likely going to be axed for 2011. They may bring it back in 2 or so years with a Spec B trim. That is a BIG if though.

The new widebody WRX will be dropping in August. He basically told me, wait for the WRX, buy the WRX, and forget about the STI lol.

Some of us have been saying that it was a big red flag.

Pretty much a death knell for the Legacy GT, to be configured the way it was. No Bilsteins, no bigger brakes, fewer standard options, and no automatic gearbox. The very minimum of unique pieces. The hood scoop was even a hold-over from previous, and is shared with FXT.

The front-Turbo engine, and the 6-speed gearbox will probably surface somewhere... probably WRX. '10 Legacy GT seems like it was just a testbed, and a bit of marketing fodder to claim that they hadn't fully Camry'd-out for the first year of the Legacy's new clothes. But the stock of '10 Legacy GT isn't very high. I've never even seen more than 1 in stock at the only Subaru dealer within ~100+ miles radius of itself.

It is kind of pointless to have a very limited appeal, limited inventory car with unique parts, and the drivetrain is the only thing unique about it... and the new H4 engine just got announced, and is likely similar to the Legacy's H4T, that it mounts to a sub-frame, and has forward-merging exhaust, that then wraps around the side of the engine... just like the '10 Legacy's turbo engine, and the boxer turbo diesel.

Pretty much a giant SHOVE for most buyers over to 3.6R... now they complain because they can't build H6s fast enough for demand. Smooth move, there.

I wonder what the ratio has been in sales of the 2010 Legacy?

If I was a betting man, I'd bet

65% 2.5i

25-30% 3.6R

05-10% GT

With 10% max in sales volume, no wonder they would shoot it in the head. Why waste time building it when you could migrate those sales in to the 3.6R?

I had no idea the new 6 was so popular, I've yet to see a Legacy with that badge on the back and I can't say I've really looked much at the Outback as they pass by. But my one observation is that I think I saw one or 2 Legacy 3.6Rs available locally, so I have no idea where they're all going. There were at least 3 LGTs at the dealer I got mine at, though mine was the only premium. Though everyone talking about how the LGT is such a small seller- has that not how it has always been to some degree? I'd have thought the LGT was always a niche model for performance minded drivers, and the manual goes hand in hand with that (to me at least). How many GT owners here have the autobox in the 05-09s?

Oh well, I have mine. I like it and if 2010 ends up being it for the model, at least I'll have something kind of rare.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

A number of people here predicted the GT's demise with the 2010 redesign and the lack of an auto tranny. Subaru's product definitely seems to be headed downhill, unfortunately. Cost cutting, fewer trim levels, fewer options...a shame, really.

A number of people here predicted the GT's demise with the 2010 redesign and the lack of an auto tranny. Subaru's product definitely seems to be headed downhill, unfortunately. Cost cutting, fewer trim levels, fewer options...a shame, really.

Bye bye 5th gen LGT :lol:

Thats what I predicted after I saw it for the first time.

Good riddance to the turd.

BTW i was looking at the production numbers thread you posted way back in the day. how did you get the numbers?

Im curious on how many 4th gens were made, vs 5th gens and all that good stuff. But, mainly I want to know how many possible 08' SWP 5MT clones I might have out there. :lol:

This is your thread from way back when.. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1759954&postcount=1

Good riddance to the turd.

I could easily say the same thing about the seemingly redundant Legacy wagon so many here seem to love (given that it looks like a Outback that the cladding fell off of), but I don't. Why? Because I respect that others here do like the model even though I don't. Maybe you should try this. I'm sure other 2010 Legacy owners are just as ******* sick of your constant little taunts as I am. Get over it, the gen 4s are gone and won't be back.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

I guess people didnt buy into the "enthusiasts" only crap.

Since when are tugboats for enthusiasts?

And yes, not offering an auto-tranny in the LGT was completely and utterly stupid.

Lots of fail on Subaru's part. The ironic part is their JDM Legacy has all the bits to be a real contender. Subaru just assumes Americans will buy any slop placed in front of them because of AWD

I could easily say the same thing about the seemingly redundant Legacy wagon so many here seem to love (given that it looks like a Outback that the cladding fell off of), but I don't. Why? Because I respect that others here do like the model even though I don't. Maybe you should try this. I'm sure other 2010 Legacy owners are just as ******* sick of your constant little taunts as I am. Get over it, the gen 4s are gone and won't be back.

Say all you want, I am not married to my car, I won't be offended. Here is an idea - you can even put me on the ignore list.

I gotta say -- a lot of those SHOULD BE no brainers for SOA. I mean it's 2011 -- when most companies are going with 6/7/8 speed autos, they're just gonna start adopting 5EATs and CVT? More power-- yes please!

I can't say any of us are actually surprised at the rumor of the LGT being axed. Kind of pathetic that the Tribeca lives on but the LGT might come to it's demise.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

BTW i was looking at the production numbers thread you posted way back in the day. how did you get the numbers?

Im curious on how many 4th gens were made, vs 5th gens and all that good stuff. But, mainly I want to know how many possible 08' SWP 5MT clones I might have out there. :lol:

This is your thread from way back when.. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1759954&postcount=1

My secret source. I have been long promising data for subsequent years, hmmmm.... let me try dig them out.

Archived