LegacyGT.com

Collision Center

xero287

Anybody know of a good collision place? I just came back from the ER due to the fact that some woman railed my car with her truck at about 25 mph and I'm pretty sure the tie rods are bent. The front left of the car isn't there anymore....any help would be appreciated.

Does AndrewTech do bodywork as well? I want a shop that will let me replace some parts with better alternatives, but if that isn't possible then at least a shop that will put my car back in mint condition.

TIA

Wagonwerks in NoVa is a good place from what I hear. They do a lot of work on exotics and luxury cars. It's a hike, but I'd look there.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yeah, quite the long day. I might go to IAG even though that's about an hour and change away from me. When did your friend's GTI go in? Are you saying that they'll take a while with it? If so I'll really just go to Mile One in Beltsville so I can at least go in with the car to talk to the people that work there.

Steer clear of Russel VW/Subaru collision in Ellicott City. I brought my car in to get a door ding fixed and got the car back in worse shape than when it went in. They:

broke one of my Boston Pro tweeters,

put a new dent in the driver side rear door (from inside the door),

messed up the window molding

messed up the door molding on two doors

I had to bring it back in for them to have a paintless dent repair done to take out the new dent they gave me. They also had to fix the molding and paint the driver door handle frame that was part of the original repair but wasn't done. When I got the car back the second time it had yet another new dent in the back door and the driver door card now has a pronounced seam so I think they damaged the door card.

The worst part is that the repair sucked. You can still see where the dent was and they didn't blend the paint well at all. I could have bought a used silver door from a junkyard for less and had better results.

Where ever you go (hopefully close) I highly suggest you stop and visit every day or as many days as you can. I didn't do this on an S-10 Xtreme and a body shop (on in Airpark area of Montgomery Co.) completely effed up the paint. They taped only half the truck and hence go overspray on the other half (they were only painting small parts of the truck). They were suppose to be a good shop. Highly rated too. You really gotta watch these days.

I went to Shannon Auto Body and they're REALLY good so far, the work in conjunction with AndrewTech too. Which is nice because I can have a performance shop take care of my suspension and a body shop take care of my body, the way it's supposed to be.

Archived