LegacyGT.com

mufflers

I would just pick out a muffler in a 2.5" inlet size and go to a muffler shop and have them bend up 2.5" pulling from the cat back to the muffler. Just adding a muffler won't net you any gain in power the pipes are the difference maker, well the muffler helps too. I have a Vibrant muffler on my Supra and love it.

Just for the noise. Lame! Lol. Just measure it. You'll still have to take it somewhere to weld on the hangers for the muffler. Or you'll stretch the others plus put stress on the weak parts of the exhaust.

thanks i like the idea of a glass pack but i have a muffler in mind for 35, and i guesse for that muffler ill have to add a size increaser. thanks for the info

this is the muffler btw

http://www.andysautosport.com/subaru/1995_1999_legacy/performance/exhaust/mufflers/spec_d/spec09091079.html

hope i didnt brake the linking rules

• 3 weeks later...
it is ricey, but i gotta be able to hear my car running, but if this job works out ima just save up to do what i really want. my borla exuast. that will sound frekin sweet, but still if it dont muffler will have to do

Finishing a Borla exhaust with a high flow cat and a vibrant ultra quiet resonator tomorrow :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

my job worked out, ima start pricing out my full exuast.... it will be a while and i gotta fix the head gaskets first but ima work my ass off to make some bank so i got some $ to play with. altho i need a sound system the stock one in my car is good but it still sucks

If you all are running stock headers/ rest of the exhaust aside from a fart can...that's pretty ricey IMO

That would be, the difference being that I do not have a "fart can". Its a muffler designed for a v8 muscle car that happens to have a deep rumble. Its a 2" inlet and outlet, Not a honda 12"

Archived