LegacyGT.com

shed a tear for me

so i'll start this with some background...at 34 i've only really ever drove "beaters"...had some real quick civics....some autocross rabbits...but on that note, i'm having my second child and well it was time to grow up and get a nice family car....so i bought a 05 lgt limited....i love it, my favorite car i have ever owned...has everything i wanted...but being on a legacy forum i don't have to go into that......well here it is

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00458.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00457.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00456.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00456.jpg

well i have had it for a total of two weeks.....here is where things go horribly wrong...i was driving my two year old boy to the park on a nice thursday moring to play....when out of nowhere...and i mean nowhere i never saw her.....a caddy decied that it would be a good time to run her stop sign......and proceded to hit me....nethier of us was doing more then 25mph at the time....i was still in 1st gear......don't know how many of you have been in a wreak with your lgt but it did well....no one injured...shit my little boy didn't even cry....but with that being said it's at the garage now with at least 6k worth of damage...insurance still hasen't look over totaly....as far as i know right now it needs, new hood,new front fender, new side skirt,new bumper, new head light/tail light....front frame pushed just enough to hit the timing belt cover....big dent over the rear tire.....new front left suspension, new tire/rim...

and now the aftermath pics right after

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00482.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00483.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/effingturbo/DSC00484.jpg

and mind you that i'm a grown man....and this shit makes me sick to my stomach and brings a tear to my eyes just thinking about it...insurance is going to fix it, but come on a car is never the same after a wreck....sorry this is kind of long but i have to get it out.....i'm extremly bummed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the damage, I don't know how I'd react to someone hitting my wagon.

That Cadi really nailed the front though, surprised to see the tire unseated. Hopefully she can be fixed good as new, or there's always other LGT's out there to fill the hole.

Sorry about the damage, I don't know how I'd react to someone hitting my wagon.

That Cadi really nailed the front though, surprised to see the tire unseated. Hopefully she can be fixed good as new, or there's always other LGT's out there to fill the hole.

yea i hope they can fix it good as new....but it will always be in the back of my head....shitty part is i haven't even made the first payment on it.....needless to say my boy learned some new words that day

Glad you are alright.

yea and i know that is the most important part....all partys involved were fine...i was more worried about my boy......but wasn't i found out everyone was alright is when the anger set in.....to rub salt into the wound my boy was walking around picking up pieces of the ground and trying to stick them back on just saying "daddys new car has boo boo"...cute but damn annoying at the time

oh and i forgot that same day after i got home to find that fed ex had dropped off...my Tactrix cable....blow off valve....manual boost controller...and for the time being i stopped making my up and down pipe.....so frustrated that i;m just putting everything in the garage and waiting till i get it back....and then going from there

That sucks man. Good thing it was a subaru. They are very good with crash test's. Especially since you had your little boy with. It's obvious you really care about your car if your kid knows how important it is to you. As for the mods look into your tuning options further. I don't know a single legacy owner who uses a manual boost controller. Boost can be added safely with a good tune.

i hear you, it is always a really shitty feeling after any hit -- if you've ever been there before you know that it will subside once you get rolling again.

indeed, the leggy is a stout protector, but it sacrifices itself pretty extremely in hits; be thankful you guys are okay, and that it's totaled out; now make no haste getting yourself another :)

best luck & hope that feeling fades quickly.

Oh man that is a horrible scenario. glad you and the boy are ok. I think that the receptors that decipher red in the retina shrink or disappear with age

Yeah, but they didn't move the location of the red light. Its on top, it comes on after the yellow one. The one in the middle:mad: The one on the bottom is not lighted.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

That sucks man. Good thing it was a subaru. They are very good with crash test's. Especially since you had your little boy with. It's obvious you really care about your car if your kid knows how important it is to you. As for the mods look into your tuning options further. I don't know a single legacy owner who uses a manual boost controller. Boost can be added safely with a good tune.

I know of a few people on this website that use MBC's. They're safe as long as you know how to use one and tune for it. I think the regular boost control system is probably the safest and easiest, but it is definitely possible with the MBC.

sorry about your car, always sucks when it gets hit, especially when new to you. these things are tanks, though. i got rear ended by a lexus a few months after i bought the car. i had minor visual damage (but added up in $$$) but the lexus front end was destroyed. chalk up another legacy destroying the other car when being hit heh....

well my car wasn't totaled out yet the caddy was.....no the side air bags didn't go off in fact no airbags went off mine or hers....yea i ordered the manual boost control before i really know anything about tune a subie..(have a honda back ground)..and it wasn't a red light she ran through it was your run a mill stop sign....and yea the boy LOVES my car...and knows i do...not that i drive like a ass with him in it or ever....but merging on to the highway he really loves when boost kicks in.....all i hear from the back is "daddys car fast"....

also i would like to thank everyone for there concern.....coming from more of a honda base....i dealt with alot of little ricer boys....at least from what i can tell so far the subaru community seems to be more mature...which i dig alot...not to say we don't have are own ricer boys....just seems like alot less

+1 for being glad everyone was alright after the crash.

That sort of thing really scares me, the fact that at any moment some person who's not obeying traffic laws could do that sort of damage, or even worse, seriously injure someone. There's nothing you can really do to avoid a situation like that which really sucks :mad:

man! :( glad that you and your son are both ok though.

From the looks of things, your frame might be damaged enough to have it totaled, or you can atleast press for it because yea, the car might not feel the same again. but hey, it'll be very close

well the important thing is that you and your kid are alright.

and it sucks that the car got whacked due to driver negligence but it looks like it'll get repaired. hope everything turns out okay. make sure teh insurance doesnt cheap out on your repairs though if it's not totalled.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived